Saturday, March 17, 2012

Market Street Stamps Paint theTown Challenge



After all the layouts I've done lately, I'm kind of in a card mood these days (although I still have a few scrapbooking projects that I'm finishing up). I really liked the color story for Market Street Stamps' current Paint the Town Challenge, so I thought I would play along.

This card uses the Faith in You set. I stamped the flowers from that set multiple times on two strips of Gray Flannel cardstock using a mask in order to overlap the stamped images. By just showing a portion of the repeated image on both of the strips, I think you get an art deco feel that I really like. (Hint: for complicated images like this, where it takes a while to cut out the image, I save my masks for future use.)

The rest of the card is pretty simple, layering different strips/thicknesses of the cardstock colors to get the end result.

The sentiment piece is lightly sponged on the edges for a bit of definition and also popped up with some dimensional foam tape.

Hope you like it and are having a great weekend. We're enjoying the great weather here on the east coast.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: CTMH - Juniper, Colonial White, and Gray Flannel carstock; Creative Memories - Navy Blue cardstock
Ink: CTMH - Outdoor Denim
Stamps: Market Street Stamps - Faith in You
Other: CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape

3 comments:

  1. very pretty card...love all the layers...looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and serene, a perfect design for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool sentiment. I hadnt seen that one. Great project.

    Hugs,
    Raven

    ReplyDelete