Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hello with Jane's Doodles


So this one is kind of an experiment.

As you may or may not recall, I've been learning to color, so the turtle was colored with my Spectrum Noir markers. My shading is still what I'd terms as textural, but think I'm making progress, and that turtle is very forgiving because he's so cute!

The card base is Bazzill Card Shoppe, and if you haven't tried it yet, I must say that I really love it. It's thick, but folds beautifully. The papers are Cosmo Cricket Social Club. For the word bubble, I just sketched a bubble, cut it out and added the border with my Pigma Micron marker.

I'm planning to link this up to the Simon Says Stamp challenge and they encouraged us to incorporate some washi, so I added that red washi at the top and bottom. It was a little too stark and solid when I first put it together, so I ended up tearing the edge to soften it and create some interest.

You can't tell from the photo above, but the word bubble and turtle are popped out with dimensional foam tape.

Thanks for visiting, I'm hoping to have not one, but two posts tomorrow, so swing on by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: Bazzill - Card Shoppe Juicy Pear; Cosmo Cricket - Social Club 6x6 pad
Stamps: Jane's Doodles - Garden Friends
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other: Spectrum Noir markers: CG1, CG2, DG3; Pigma Micron black pen; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Washi Tape - Target

7 comments:

  1. Toooooooooo cute!! I loveeeeee that turtle!!! LOVING your coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! Your coloring is amazing!! Great job!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your coloring is awesome...You are doing amazing...this little turtle is too cute..Love this card

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO cute! Great coloring and fab papers! LOVE this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does cutie turtie have to forgive you for?! Your coloring is fab...great shading and depth, bright and happy patterned papers and that torn washi tape is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! Yeah for your coloring!!!!

    ReplyDelete