Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Picking



I'm so excited about this layout!  I have been wanting to scrap some old photos of myself and have finally done one!

I really loved this week's sketch at Elle's Studio, and the bonus was that I got to use some of my leftovers from recent projects (die cut leaves and burlap trim).  Since I'm using some of my leaf die cuts I'm going to link this up over at the October Oozak challenge too. 

My best friend growing up was Karen Chen, and we would go apple picking with the Chens every fall (they had three girls the ages of myself, my younger sister and my younger brother).  I love this photo, those hats are crazy, and they are covering up the fact that we all have the same Asian bowl cut.  That's me on the right in case you are wondering.

I have been reluctant to scrap my old photos because I don't have any negatives for them, and while I want to preserve the memories, I don't want to have them permanently adhered into a scrapbook page in case someone wants to make copies, look at the back (sometimes there are handwritten notes), etc. later on in life.  These Scrapbook Adhesive photo corners are the perfect solution, and I love that they come in kraft.




Lots of machine stitching, and I even created an embellishment that is far from flat with some burlap trim, Elle's tags, die cuts, and button/twine.  Unusual for me, but I love how it looks. 





Hope you are having a great week!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  MME - On the Bright Side (red polka dot); SC - Memoir (orange); CTMH - Dotty for You (yellow); Misc cardstock for die cuts
Other:  Elle's Studio - Bright Pennants and Spooky Tales Large Journaling Tags; CTMH - Cricut Artiste Cartridge, Burlap Trim, Liquid Glass; The Twinery - Cappucino Twine; AC - Nutmeg Thickers; Misc Button from ETM kit (actually says Old Navy on it); Tombow - Mono Adhesive; 3L - Large and Small Dodz adhesive and Kraft Photo Corners, Pigma - Micron Pen Brown; Sewing Machine

9 comments:

  1. What a BEAUTIFUL lo and love love love that old photo!!!! LOVING the burlap and loveeeeeeeeeee the banners!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! What wonderful photos and a fantastic way to preserve them! I just went picking for the first time ever last Saturday! It was so much fun! I've never lived anywhere till now to be able to do this!

    Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Miriam this is adorable..i love your stitching and such a cute picture..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet photo and lovely layout with the pretty stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun pic! Great idea for the kraft corners! You could scan your photos too, then you wouldn't have to be as worried about the originals. I'm the same way, the childhood photos are tucked away, hiding, because I don't want to ruin them! Then I started scanning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your "vintage" lay-out! Even the paper colours are kind of seventy-ish. Great solution for removability of your photo. Love the stitching, esp of the leaves, and your embellishment cluster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Love the leaves and twines! That photo is absolutely darling and it makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute leafy cuts and lovely layout design. Thanks for joining us at Oozak Challenge. Hope you will join us again soon :o)

    ReplyDelete