Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hello from Little Miss Mia



This is one of my two favorite WCMD cards that I sent into Paper Crafts Magazine.

You'll see the other one on Sunday when I'm participating in a WCMD reject blog hop with my friend Jingle.

Anyway, this is Jane's Doodle's Little Miss Mia image, and the sentiment is from JD's Garden Friends set.

I just think she is so cute.  I primarily used Teresa Collins' Tell Your Story 6x6 papers, although the shoes are from a MME pattern, and the skin/hair/sock are CTMH cardstock.

I wanted to add dimension through piecing, so I used the skin tone as the base for the figure and then layered the other elements on top.  Where possible, I added layers:  there are two layers of hair; the socks are layered over the base piece and then the shoes are layered on top of that; the pocket is another layer on the dress; etc.






I added a little shadow/shading to the underside of the hat with my blending pen, and added little pale blue shading to the socks with a Spectrum Noir pen. 

The washi tape is also Teresa Collins Tell Your Story.

Hope you have a great day and thanks for coming by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Teresa Collins - Tell Your Story 6x6 Papers; CTMH - Parchment, Chocolate, and White Daisy cardstock, White Daisy bulk card base
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Little Miss Mia and Garden Friends
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Teresa Collins - Tell Your Story Washi tape; Spectrum Noir - BT1; Kuretake - Craft Glue Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Ranger - White Opal Liquid Pearls; CTMH - Blending Pen

13 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love that little girl and loving the washi tape!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...cute!! I really like the colors and touch of Washi!! and congrats on your win over CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww how cute..love the paper piecing and the washi tape...super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHH! What a beautiful card--LOVE the colors and that washi tape! I just bought 19 rolls and now I think I need to get more!! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, wow, WOW!! LOVE all the dimension you have on her. The hair is fantastic! I never thought of doing all that layering. It's a great effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this! The soft green is so pretty and the washi tape is a perfect addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable and I really like your use of washi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Hello to you too Miss Mia!
    What a darling card, so well done Miriam!
    Love the colors you have chosen as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is the absolute cutest! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the LYB/Xyron hop. It's always nice to see a new name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is cute, love all the paper piecing you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS, gorgeous paper piecing Miriam - LOVE the colours too :)

    ReplyDelete