Thursday, October 11, 2012

More WCMD - Unity Coloring/Pamela Young Sketch/Ellen Hutson Holiday Card



Couple more cards for World Cardmaking Day.

First off, is a card for the Unity coloring challenge as well as Pamela Young's sketch challenge.



I'm using the Life is a Verb Itty Bitty.  I colored the body of the wagon with colored pencils, and the wheels/handle with the blending pen.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch, and used some May Arts chevron twill, kraft buttons, and twine to embellish it.  The alphas are from Basic Grey.

I also finished designing the Christmas cards we're going to send out this year.  I'm sharing this one (of five) for Ellen Hutson's Holiday Card challenge.



It's really CAS. The stamp is from the Pear & Partridge cardmaking kit. It's stamped in Cocoa, and I used a sponge dauber to color the birds red. I didn't clean them off/mask them off so it's a more subtle color since it's a blend of the Cocoa/Cranberry.

One more day til the weekend!

Supplies Used

Card 1
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - Kraft, Cranberry, Black and White Daisy cardstock
Stamps:  Unity - Life is a Verb
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  CTMH - Colored Pencils, Blending Pen, Kraft buttons; The Twinery - Maraschino twine; Basic Grey - White Alphabet Stickers; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; 3L Dodz Adhesive

Card 2
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - Colonial White and Olive cardstock, Colonial White bulk card base
Stamps:  CTMH - Pear and Partridge Workshop on the Go stamp set
Ink:  CTMH - Cocoa, Cranberry
 

 
 
Other:  CTMH - Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Dauber; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeee the wagon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are fabulous...i love those stamps..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these layouts. The wagon is perfectly highlighted by the chevron ribbon. And that Christmas stamp shines on the simple layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these cards and their CAS design! So awesome! That Christmas one is def. my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Miriam.
    Beautiful coloring on the 1st one and wonderful design for the second!
    Have a great week-end~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Miriam, love your cards. The first is so well balanced, and your Christmas card is just stunning (way to let that incredible sentiment be the star!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That wagon is colored beautifully! I love your Christmas card too, I really like the big stamp & the panel. Perfect for mass production an still super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards...that wagon card is perfectly...balanced...awesome! And I love the Christmas card. A CAS stunner. I did nothing on WCMD except veg on the couch lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great!! I really love the wagon card! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete