Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting is the Hardest Part



Quick post to share my layout for this week's Elle's Studio sketch. 

These photos are from our lake vacation.  Carina and her cousin Collin were literally crying atnd banging on the door trying to get us to let them out that first day. 

I'm mostly using Echo Park Everyday Eclectic.  I love the patterns.  They are great for scrapbooking because they are pretty subtle, great for backgrounds.  I used three of the patterned pages, a liberal does of Elle's Studio tags, and some MME enamel dots and Dear Lizzy Neopolitan brads. 



That one brad on the right in the photo above is a Dear Lizzy brad base.  I had used the center of the brad to decorate a button on this card, and above I just added one of the enamel dots to create a new brad.

I also added some Liquid Pearls as accents to the pink strips of paper.  And Amy Tangerine foam thickers.

Hope you are having a good week.  Busy here.  I need to get as much shopping done before Friday as possible since my gift wrapper is coming over Friday night.  I play with paper all the time, but I ABHOR wrapping presents, just seems like a waste of time, I mean it gets ripped off in seconds.  Anyway, I have a good friend who really enjoys wrapping presents, and she comes over to wrap mine every year for me while we watch a chick flick.  She rocks.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic; CTMH - White Daisy
Other:  Elle's Studio - Pink Pennants, The Sweet Life Cutouts, Summer Lovin Large Journaling Tags; Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic Alpha stickers; American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Journal Foam Thickers, Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Brads; My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing Enamel Dots; Ranger - Liquid Pearls; Dylusions - Vibrant Turquoise Ink Spray; Studio Calico - Plum Thumb Mister Huey's; Tombow - Mono Adhesive.

6 comments:

  1. I am horrible at wrapping presents too!! Mine always look like Brookie did them! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeee your lo!! Those photos are toooooooooooo cute and loving the colors and the misting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh come on I know you can wrap gifts... You are a crafter.. and that is the fun part ripping of the paper to see whats underneath.. You are too funny.. Good luck with the wrapping..

    Your layout is just so cute..

    ReplyDelete
  3. great page Miriam!
    adorable pictures for sure ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the title and darling photos! What a beautiful way to capture moments like this! Love the colors and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Miriam! Love your splatters and spots! If I need to do any more than one present, I'm in agony. I feel guilty about leaving uneven lines, not creasing folds, raw edges showing, tape on the outside, but like you said I know it's going to be off in seconds anyway. Recently I've tried to do a sloppy job, and that's made me feel better, strangely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout Miriam. The colours are so bright and fun, and I love all the details you used to tie it all together!

    ReplyDelete