Monday, February 18, 2013

Be Joyful Always



Happy President's Day!

It's my turn to share over at the Punky Sprouts blog today.

This month we are all working with the newest Punky Sprouts album, the Hunk Punky.  I really love this album.  If you are intimidated by minis, it's the perfect size.  The pages are 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", so you could literally just fill it up with 4x6 photos and not have to worry too much about extras.

I chose to create a prayer mini.  I've realized that while I'm pretty good about praying for things, I don't often record the answers or when a prayer was answered.

You'll see that the album kind of follows 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18:  Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances.

On the back of the cover I wrote out one of my favorite prayer passages:  Phillippians 4:4-9



There are some additional sheets in the album, including a clear piece.  I chose to use this like an overlay.  I used alcohol inks to add some color/texture.   There are also two denim sheets.  On this first one I used Lil' Denim Twiney for the stitching.



There are four tabbed pieces in the mini - perfect for a our family of four. I've dedicated one to each of us. On the front of each section is a photo/pocket for that family member. There's a tag that slips in behind where I can record current requests.  Here's Carina's page. 



Here's Ellie's page.  You can also see the back of Carina's page.  On the backside of each tabbed page is another pocket that holds a tag where I can record answers/praises.  All the papers are from Carta Bella's Traditions collection, and I used some Hero Arts background stamps to add some pattern to the pockets/backsides of the tabbed pages.



I'm skipping Andrew's and my pages since I need to order some photos for those pages still...it's amazing how few solo photos we have of one another!

For the second denim page I stitched the word 'continually' with my sewing machine.  I actually wrote the word onto a piece of parchment paper.  I pinned this to the denim pieces and sewed over it.  Then I ripped the parchment paper off to reveal the word.  I went over it one more time to give it a little more definition.



And here's the final page - with the final portion of the Thessalonians passage.  Hope you like the mini and that this gives you some ideas on how you might use it.  AND, if you want to win one of your own, Punky Sprouts is giving one away right here on my blog as part of the Made with Love blog hop....click here to leave a comment, and while you're at it, check out the other stops on the hop - there's candy at every stop! 



We're enjoying a three day weekend here in the states.  Hoping to get caught up on some projects and paperwork and have some fun too.  Hope you are enjoying the start to your week!

Supplies Used
Punky Sprouts:  Hunk Punky, Denim Funky Punky Fiber Pack,
Other:  Carta Bella - Traditions collection; CTMH - Colonial White, Outdoor Denim, Ruby, and Bamboo cardstock, Ruby, Garden Green, Bamboo, and Outdoor Denim inks, Giggle lowercase alpha, Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge; Ranger - Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Butterscotch and Wild Plum; Hero Arts - Large Fabric Design and Lotus Background stamps; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; Sewing Machine; Tombow Mono Adhesive

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project with a wonderful purpose, Miriam! I'm sure a lot of prayer went into the workmanship of this album. You've made "Hunk" quite lovely. The alcohol ink panel is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful idea and execution, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, prayer journal, Miriam! LOVE this idea! I'm not good at remembering all those blessed answers either. And I'm just loving those stitched words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! I love it. The denim pages are perfect, especially when stitched...genius. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! Lovely job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a true family treasure. I love the idea of keeping a little book on prayer and answers. It's so cool how you made one for each of you too. Nice stitching, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love the stitched "pray"!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, Miriam!! What a great idea to record the answers to your prayers! Seems like much of the emphasis is usually put on the asking part of things. But how great that your daughters can read this later and see how prayer has effected their lives. No greater teaching tool than that, I think. Also, how cool that you sewed your word right on that denim?! A great effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful journal! I think it's a great idea to write down your prayers and especially remember the ones that have been answered!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SO pretty! I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful minibook Miriam!
    I love it and i love how the pages flip...
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is really cool, Miriam! I like how you have tabs for each of you and added the pockets. That's such a cool idea for record keeping. The stitching is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow you are so inspiring Miriam...this is just fabulous..

    ReplyDelete