Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ellie & Ella

***For the Made with Love Blog Hop click here - just a couple more days to hop!



I've been wanting to scrap this photo for a long time, and finally got around to it this week. 

Ella is Ellie's bestie from preschool.  The girls are always so excited to see one another, and I know Ellie misses Ella.  Ellie's class is doing a Post Office unit at school right now, and Ellie came home with some 'mail' that we need to send Ella yesterday.



For this layout I did a little digging through my supplies to come up with just the right mix of products/embellishments.  The squares are patterns from CTMH's new Chantilly collection, my favorite from the new idea book.  I stitched just inside each one to give it a quilted look.  I also stitched around the vellum mat, and to attach the brad which is from the AC Chap collection.



I added some doilies from Curtsey Boutique and my other current crush, enamel dots which are holding up a bit of vellum banner from Crate's Acorn Avenue collection.  The Friends decorative brad is from the Chantilly workshop on the go, and I used one of the periods from the thickers used for the title as a bookend for the decorative brad.



I'm going to link this up to the current Studio Calico challenge (create a project with a quilted look) and Cocoa daisy challenge (use 5 or more different patterns). 

Thanks for coming by, hope your week is going well!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - Chantilly collection; Studio Calico - Tim and Beck; Recollections - Vellum
Other:  American Crafts - Leaf Hugs and Togetherness Thickers, Chap Decorative Brads; My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing Tangerine Enamel Dots; Crate - Acorn Avenue Vellum Garlands; CTMH - Chantilly Workshop on the Go decorative assortment; Curtsey Boutique - Doilies; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Pigma - Brown Micron Pen; Sewing Machine

10 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty layout! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Miriam! I love the stitching detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooooooo beautiful! Love love love that photo, the banner and the doilies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Miriam! Seriously- I'll be casing for sure! Little girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a darling lo- that photo is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your page Miriam!
    That blocking and layering is just super attractive and gives me tons of ideas ;-)
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever so sweet! LOVE that stitched, vellum panel and delicious, corrugated lettering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet! gorgeous LO. I love your touches

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely! LOVE the patchwork pattern!

    ReplyDelete