Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hoppy Hoppy Birthday!

 


This is one of the tags that I submitted to the recent PC call that didn't get picked up, but I kind of love it.  I mean, it has three of my favorite things:  googly eyes, glitter tape, and a spring!

That adorable frog is from Jane's Doodle's Garden Friends set.  I stamped him on Amy Tangerine Sketchbook paper and added a little extra color to the spots and around his edges using Faber Castell Pitt markers.

I also used the markers to color the green glitter tape because it was a little lighter than I wanted it to be.  Never be aftraid to alter your supplies!  The white glitter tape is also altered - I cut it in half lengthwise to get a skinnier piece.  Some Twinery Peapod twine finishes off the tag.



Hope your week is going well, and for those of you who also participated in the Chinese New Year blog hop (and if you haven't, you really need to because there are fantastic prizes at stake...click here for my post), Ellie did get enough money for a Barbie.  I took her to Target yesterday so she could spend her new-found wealth



She picked not one, but TWO Barbies.

I'm planning to take Carina out for her shopping expedition tomorrow...which will be significantly less predictable, but likely much more dynamic.  Have a great day!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  American Crafts - Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6x6 paper pad; CTMH - Desert Sand cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Garden Friends
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  American Crafts - Glitter Tape; The Twinery - Peapod twine; Faber-Castell - Pitt markers; CTMH - Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge; Adhesive Spring, Liquid Glass; Googly Eyes

18 comments:

  1. the tag is adorable!

    I'll be posting my rejects soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun tag Miriam, I love the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooo cute! I love love love love that froggy!! And she looks so cute in the Pink aisle (it's what we call the Barbie aisle! LOL!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooo CUTE Miriam...love the tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww how fun barbie shopping... so sweet..love your adorable tag..the glitter tape is awesome with that adorable frog..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little tag would be crazy cute on child's gift. Sorry it didn't get picked up, but so glad you still shared it here with all of us :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. googly-eyes get me every time! And, I am still giggling over that picture of Ellie - you captured the moment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miriam!!! OMGoodness! This is soooo adorable!!!!!! And your daughter is so cute picking out Barbies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable tag--love those googly eyes! Saw your photo on FB and was happy Ellie scored with her lai see! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!! I love how you added extra spots & colored the glitter tape.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute tag! Love the colours and the googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your HOPPY card! I have this froggie, too! It's a SWEET one! And I had to chuckle on your shopping expedition....oh what FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  14. EEEK! That froggie is so sweet. Shopping is always fun... especially Barbie shopping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. eeeek! so cute! i love the pic of Ellie in the barbie aisle...so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Tag is so so adorable Miriam and thank You so much for including that darling picture of Ellie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! LOVE that glittery strip and the dimension! Plus, green looks ever so pretty with kraft ;). Cute pic of your little gal, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete