Thursday, February 7, 2013

Little Tangles Challenge #6 - Valentine's/Love


Hi!

Welcome to Little Tangles Challenge #6!  This week we want you to make Valentine's or Love cards.  Here's what I came up with:


I used the Fresh Blooms set.  This set doesn't have a heart, but it does have a couple flourishes that you can use as trails for the ladybug and bee images.  I used one of them to to create the heart using the mirror stamping technique.  Since it often takes me a couple tries before I get something right, I had an extra image, so I cut out the center of that image to use as a mask and I sponged color onto the heart.

Then I added the ladybug and finished it off with some glossy accents.



Some of my favorite May Arts ribbon and a couple Little Yellow Bicycle picks (which I colored with Spectrum Noir markers to alter the color slightly - one was orange and the other hot pink) finish it off.



Now it's your turn.  We've had some amazing entries to our challenges and I can't wait to see what you create!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy and Black cardstock
Stamps:  Neat and Tangled - Fresh Blooms
Ink:  CTMH - Ruby, Holkiday Red and Black
Other:  May Arts - Black Chevron Twill trim; Little Yellow Bicycle - Hello Spring Picks; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape, Sponge Dauber, and Liquid Glass; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

16 comments:

  1. this is adorable, and your bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, so striking, Miriam! Love the bold look of the this and all the special little elements you've added...CAS but packed with personality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card Miriam! Love the touch of glossy accents on your ladybird (that's what we call them here) and the addition of the two pins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable..i love that little lady bug and the big bow is perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous! I really love that ribbon that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw a black and red combo card, boasting a lady bug, last week, and yours is just as fabulous! LOVE the touch of Glossy Accents, and that sentiment is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!The big bow makes it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This classic color combo is so striking, Miriam. I love how you used the flourishes and added a bit of shine. Awesome bow work too (with one of my favorite ribbons of all time). :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the glossy accents is perfection - love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your continued sweet comments on my blog, you make me smile every single time. {new follower by the way ;)}

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!! Love the ribbon and heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the heart made from the flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Lush ribbon & pins! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the heart and the ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card. Love the amazing ribbon!

    ReplyDelete