Sunday, April 14, 2013

Just for You - Case Study Challenge #136

 

It's been ages since I played along over at CASE Study, but my buddy JJ is the muse this month, and I had a brainstorm on the way home from church so I thought I would whip up a card.

I used the Arrows mask from Studio Calico's Neverland kit, and added color using a foam tool and sponge daubers.  The nice thing about this technique is that you don't have to be super neat unless you want to be.  I  have color bleeding into adjacent sections, and that is OK with me, and I extended the color above and below the mask too.  This would look just as good very crisp and clean, but I thought I would go for a softer look so that it kind of fades out.



Also, you might look at the list of supplies below and think the colors don't look very true, and you'd be right.  I don't have a sponge dauber/foam tool piece for every single ink I have (nor did I have the patience to meticulously mask all the sections today).  Instead, I have daubers/foam pieces for color families.  Usually I might try and dab out the color that's on it so I can get a more pure color, but for a card like this it doesn't matter as much, so I really didn't do much dabbing out.

The sentiment is from Jane's Doodles Doodle Flowers set.

Really quick and easy.  Lots still to do this weekend:  cleaning, crafting, and some hanging out too.  Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Oh, and just for fun, you might have noticed that I've been taking most of my photos in a different location - it's in the kitchen, and it works pretty well (unless I waited too long to take the photo and it's dark out).....and this is what you don't see in the background of the photo area....the girls' crafting areas...the sad thing is that it might be cleaner than my area.....



Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe - Gum Drop cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Doodle Flowers
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Pickled Raspberry, Mowed Lawn; CTMH - Sunkiss Yellow
Other:  Studio Calico - Arrows Mask; Tombow - Mono and Vellum adhesive; Ranger - Foam Blending Tool; CTMH - Sponge Daubers






36 comments:

  1. LOVE your take on JJ's card! The sponging is such a neat technique and I love your new photo spot and the natural lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS take on JJ's card! LOVE the sponging and Rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome effect! I love your take on this challenge! Great interpretation of JJ's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how the colours look so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loveeeeeeeeee your card!!! LOVING those chevrons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool technique, Miriam. Love the arrows :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning CASE of JJ's original Miriam! I think you definitely did her proud!! Love the mixing of the colours and the softer feel you achieved with your inking - totally stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the soft look and fading of those inks, girl! So delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this look, Miriam! And--love the sentiment on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this Miriam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Love the bold design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty with the fun chevron design and mix of colors, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your take on JJ's card...awesome inking and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooh, I love this and what an awesome idea for your multiple choice of colors! It looks so great that I thought you had airbrushed it (which is something on my list of things to try with some of the stencil templates I have). BRAVO girlie...this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so love that mask, what a great design and wow on the colors, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. well hello stunning card, how you doing??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love this vibrant modern looking card of yours ;-)
    Thanks for sharing the tidbit about where you took the picture. lol...I think we should all share that once in a while, I'm sure we get some giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a FUN card...love the sponging/masking! Fun seeing where the photog studio is:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh what a great idea, Miriam!! It's so obvious what your inspiration is, yet it's a completely different card. Fun to see your photo-taking area too. I'm always curious about things like that : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous!!
    What a great take on JJ's card...
    I love the airbrush effect you got with this!!
    And I've playing around with my pic taking area too...
    I still haven't found the perfect spot...
    it's a process I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OHHHHHHHH! I've never used a mask like this before--TOTALLY need to get some! LOVE the colors!! FAB card!!

    LOOOOOOVE the photo of your "photo booth"! I also love that the girls' desk is cleaner than yours;) LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card! Congratulations on your win. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on winning with this one, Miriam! Awesome card :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. These soft arrows are fun, Miriam!
    Congrats on your win, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The girls' crafting area reminds me of my daughter's little areas all over the house ;). I take my photos in the dining room that is used for her playroom.

    LOVE this card! I have been liking the look of the sponged ink too. This looks so cool. It always gives it an airbrushed look.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cool card Miriam! Congrats on your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The multicolor inking looks great on this - love the sentiment on the vellum across it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so awesome, Miriam! Love the blending! Your photo setup is perfect! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is TOTALLY AWESOME! And I'm not just saying that because you won. Or because you're casing my card, lol! You never cease to amaze me Prantner!

    ReplyDelete