Sunday, May 12, 2013

Three more NSD Layouts


Popping in to share three more NSD layouts today.

These are for the Two Peas challenges that close today.

This first one is for Be Inspired by a Garden Girl Challenge as well as Studio Calico's By the Numbers challenge.  I was inspired by Shannon Tidwell.  I had participated in her Sassy Scrapping class last year, and so I'm drawing a little from those lessons too.  One of those lessons was to take one embellishment and just saturate your layout with it.


Here I took out all my white/black/neutral thickers and used the '2's from those sets.  The large 2 is from Pretty Little Studio's Sandcastle collection and I added a bit of doodling to that and around the edges.  This layout came together amazingly quickly.

The journaling basically says that one should never leave my daughters alone with stickers....I think you can see why....

This second layout is for both the Focus on Photos and Be Inspired by a Garden Girl Challenge, and I'm also entering it into Studio Calico's go transparent challenge (since I used some vellum).  For this one I was inspired by Paige Evans, specifically this layout.  I loved the idea of turning photos into pennants.  I pulled out some older photos of Ellie who was just over a year old at the, time.  She was just starting to walk and on this particular day headed all the way up the front steps to the front door (we have a lot of steps, about three stories worth).


I used a MME 6x6 pad, some Elle's Studio Tags, and vellum pennants.  Then I cut some of the edges of the doilies and added those at the top of the banners and stitched them all in place.  I left the strings long, looped them around and added some LYB sparkles.

This last layout is for the Refer to Your Bookmarks (Pins) challenge.  Here's the layout by Corrie Jones that I was inspired by.  I loved the technique and sized it up to take up most of the page.  Instead of the paper stars/brads, I used sequins that I just stitched over.  The mists are Dylusions.


The photos are matted on some Ruby Rock-It papers and vellum to soften them.

That's all for today.  I'll have at least one more NSD project to share before all is said and done, but it's time for bed now. 

15 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!!! LOVING the photos and loving all the circles on the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your layouts are amazing.. so creative and super fun... i love the last one.. that design is just so cool.... love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful collection of pages, Miriam! I love the twos on the first page, the awesome banner work on the second and the cool, cool circle on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally cute layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the number 2's. Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing, especially that first one with all the twos! Your daughters are absolutely adorable. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Miriam! Really love the play off the 2's, for your title, on the first page! Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are so talented! i love them all. the last one is so playful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome, Miriam! Love the gorgeous colors on the last one and also the banner shaped photo's mixed in with the other little banners...TOO SWEET!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow wow wow! I love them all! You sure have captured the essence of each photo with the awesome layouts! Glad that you are so on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scrapbooking layouts look awesome, Miriam! I especially love how you cut your photos into banner shapes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Egads! The pink layered photo banners on the gray cardstock is to. die. for!! The tiny bits of doily really turn it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I adore these! The layered flags and banners on the first one are perfect and the doodled circle and sequins on the second...are awesome!!! Both are girly but not over the top girly...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all awesome! Really love the second one with all those banners, and the scribbled/doodled circle look of the third one is just wow!!

    ReplyDelete