Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Avery Elle Guest Post - Simply Tags Everday - Love card and Shaker Tags


Hey everyone I'm here to share my last set of projects as Avery Elle's guest designer this month.

Today I created two projects using Simply Tags Everyday.

First, a card featuring the cross stitched heart stamp.  I created a quilted pattern by stamping it multiple times using three inks that graduate in color as you move away from the center.  Then I used the Love sentiment and a couple of the small hearts from the set.  There are so many possibilities with the cross stitched heart, I already have a couple other ideas for patterns to create with it!


Next, some fun shaker tags that also feature the Simply Tags coordinating dies.  To create these shakers I cut the large tag and then used the smaller one to cut a window.  Cut a second large tag, place the original tag on top and lightly pencil in the opening to help with stamp placement, and stamp your sentiment/images.


A piece of page protector was cut for the window, then foam tape was placed around the window - you need to butt the pieces together enough so that the sequins can't fall out.  Place the sequins in (it was lots of fun mixing colors as well as sequin finishes) and then add the stamped tag on as the top of the 'sandwich'.



These were so fun to make, and possibilities/variations are endless.  I could not stop making them except that I was running out of my foam tape!


Hope this gives you some great ideas for using this set.  Thanks so much to Jamie for having me this month.  It was a blast!

Supplies Used:
Card
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe - Waxed Lips cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Simply Tags Everyday
Ink:  CTMH - Sorbet, Smoothie, Tulip
Other:  CM - Corner Rounder; Tombow - Mono Adhesive
Shaker Tags
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe - Licorice Twist, Waxed Lips, Juicy Pear, and Candy Necklace cardstock; CTMH - Whiet Daisy Cardstock\
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Simply Tags Everyday
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; CTMH - Cranberry; Versamark
Other:  Avery Elle - Simply Tags Dies; CTMH - Page Protector, Dimensional Foam Tape and Gold Embossing Powder; Sequins - Assorted colors and finishes from Neat and Tangled as well as Artful Delight July Card Kit; May Arts - Black and White Burlap String; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

22 comments:

  1. hello Miriam!
    So much goodness in one post!
    Love the cross-stitched heart card and these shakers are genius!
    So festive and fairly easy to make...
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaker tags?? How adorable! I'm going to try that this weekend! And your card reminds me of how much I loved cross stitching! Awesome projects, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!!! And the shaker tags are soo COOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you go girl... those tags are AWESOME..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little shaker tags, such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that design on the card is awesome!!! And those shaker tags totally rock my world! Fabulous work as a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. shaker tags? GENIUS!!! love them...little bits of art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really wonderful tags ! thanks for the step-by-step. It's brilliant !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such pretty tags, Miriam! Love the pretty sparkle and dimension from the sequins inside.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing! Awesome designs and so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Love those shaker tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shaker tags are so very fun. Such a great idea. And, I love what you did with those heart stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, those little shaker tags are as cute as can be! LOVE 'em to bits! And the stitched pattern you designed on your card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooooo fabby! I thought you used my 'cross-stamp-stitch' technique for that first card- that's a lot of stamping!!!! But then I read it was a stamp- phew!! Love that you created your own design by stamping it several times! Fab!!!!!

    I love the tags- super cute shaker tags! Love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GREAT idea to make a pattern out of the cross stitch stamp! That's totally the kind of thing that gets me inspired. So very creative, Miriam! And your shaker tags are totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pattern creation on the first card - totally flawless! But those tags, oh my... I am so in love with them! They are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeeeek! Shaker tags! So, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete