Sunday, September 29, 2013

A couple layouts


Creating Keepsakes is hosting a challenge on their blog - you have to create a layout using products from at least three of the Scrap & Paper Cruise sponsors, which is pretty easy because there are a lot of sponsors!

Since that was the only requirement, I thought I'd take the opportunity to knock out some multi-photo layouts, I'm going to try and do some more tonight, but we'll see what happens.


This first one is from our vacation this summer to Vermont.  These photos are from the shore of Lake Champlain.  They have these great swings where you can just sit and relax.  I kind of cheated on this challenge since I just pulled out some Studio Calico kits - since there's all sorts of stuff from all different companies in there, it was pretty easy to grab pieces that matched.  I added in some thickers and Elle's tags.


The second layout is from a morning back in June when the girls decided to camp out in the living room before school.  Of course in Ellie's world this means that she gets a tent and apparently Carina sleeps exposed to the elements.  Ellie was also playing the harmonica under there (I credit this to the fact that she was listening a lot to Kids Praise 5 at the time which is where they go camping).  I went super simple for this one, using the angle and a bit of stitching to add some interest.

I'm not listing all the supplies for these, but if you have particular questions, please ask.  :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Miriam! Love that unconventional composition of the second one especially, awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! LOVING the stitching and the photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both layouts are so fun, but I especially like the tilted look of the second one. I scrolled down and checked out your posts from the last week, and I have to say you've been creating some beautiful artwork. Love to be inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages, Miriam! Love the angle on the second page and the stitched shapes on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages, and super fun pics! Really love the angle of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these pages!! I LOVE the stitching on the first one- super cute pie charts (or at least that's what I'm calling them!)! LOVE! And your second one is fab too! LOVE the diag design! I really need to make a scrapbook page- I bet it's been a year! YIKES! Thanks for inspiring <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hexies on your first layout are so perfect! Really draw your eye in to the journaling. And love the angle of your second layout. Two more done for your album, way to go!

    ReplyDelete