Friday, November 29, 2013

Thinking of You for Friends with Flair


Hey everyone!  Hope that you are all recovering from over eating yesterday!

We had a very nice, quiet Thanksgiving here at home.  Today we'll be starting to pull out the Christmas stuff, bagging leaves, and doing a whole lot of stuff that has just got to get done, but I thought I would pop in and play along with Friends with Flair this week.

A very CAS card today.  I used what I refer to as reverse watercolor.  If there's a real name for this, feel free to enlighten me. 

I took a piece of water color paper and applied two complementary shades of distress ink - one at the top and one at the bottom, blending in the middle, and stamped the image with Versafine.  Then I used a water brush to remove color from the flowers so that they are lighter than the background.  I went back a few times, until I was happy with the amount of ink that I had removed.  This can tend to dull the color of the stamped lines, so I touched some of those up with a fine journaling pen.  Also, watercolor paper is highly recommended for this.  You can use regular cardstock, but depending on how much color you take off/how many times you go over the image, the paper will start to pill and degrade.

Once the panel was dry, I adhered it to a black mat and stamped the sentiment.

This is a fun technique and really doesn't require a whole lot of skill, but I think the results are quite striking.

Have a wonderful day, and if you're shopping, good luck!

Supplied Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy and Black Cardstock; Watercolor paper from Kids paper pad purchased at Target
Stamps:  Unity - Wishing You Joy Itty Bitty; Avery Elle - Modern Leaves
Ink:  Versafine; Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Pickled Raspberry
Other:  Ranger - Water Brush; American Crafts - Black 01 Journaling Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

23 comments:

  1. EVERY striking and gorgeous indeed! Love your play with ink and water!! I must give this a try! Hope you get lots done today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did that! I am definitely going to have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This technique is new to me Miriam! TFS. Lovely card, I love red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful card! Neat technique

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome technique! This turned out quite stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool technique! I love CAS cards! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! looks like a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning affect, Miriam. Gorgeous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautifully colored card! The colors are gorgeous. This is a new technique for me but will probably try it out. The result is stunning. Thank you for sharing your card and how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun technique and the results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a bright and gorgeous CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Miriam!
    That pop of red is Glorious!
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card!! Love the technique! I m going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card is FABULOUS! I'll have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so bold and bright and utterly delicious, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool idea and beautiful bright card! Love these colors, now I need these distress colors too! Thanks for your nice comments on my Flickr account! Totally made my night. :) Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete