Thursday, December 5, 2013

In the mood to color, and some more birthday cards



I took a week off from my birthday card making duties, but I'm back at it again.  This week I was in the mood to color.  I have mostly Spectrum Noir markers, you really can't beat the price on those, but was fortunate enough to have received some Copics in my WCMD prize, so I wanted to give those a test run.


I love my Jane's Doodles stamps, and pulled out Garden Friends for this first set of cards.  The critters are so cute and you really don't need more more than the image and a sentiment - it would be easy to create a little gift set of cards using this stamp set.


This last card features one of the balloons from Mama Elephant's Good Times set.  I stamped three of the balloons on some wide Eclipse masking tape to use as masks and then created my cluster.  The tails are a bit uneven as I used a journaling pen that was a little too thin so had to go in and thicken the lines.  


Coloring cards and catching up on my shows - not a bad way to spend an evening!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Crafter's Companion - White Cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Garden Friends; Mama Elephant - Good Times; Paper Smooches - Birthday Sampler; A Muse Studio - Contemporary Greetings
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Spectrum Noir markers; Copic markers

22 comments:

  1. These are so sweet and adorable, Miriam! Great coloring work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are adorable.. I love this set from JD.. cute little animals.. great coloring too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soooo ADORABLE and your coloring so perfect!!!
    Have a great week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping and coloring !
    I love all your of your sweet cards, Myriam !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and adorable...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always adore your CAS cards, Miriam! They always "sing" to me and make me happy! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful evening ;). Such cute patootie creations, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colouring, esp on those balloons! Nice to take a break from holiday cards, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it when you go back to your Bday card series and when you make these cutsies...awww...my heart just melts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant work!!!! Love these beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you were really busy, Miriam! Do you like the Copics a lot better than the Spectrum Noir? Your snail makes me smile : ) Love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun set of birthday cards! Your coloring ALMOST makes me want to color again. Love those balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh these are all so fun! Love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all so sweet! Great colouring, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOOOOVE these cards-- they are perfect for just about anyone! Great coloring! I should really pull out some of my markers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GREAT job on coloring! I love them all. I have am mix of coloring pens-copis, Spectrum, Pro Markers...I don't have a major preference. However, I do find Copis is my go-to ones since they fit my small hands better :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so awesome at stamping! And beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete