Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MFT Color Challenge #14 Take 2



It was kind of fun turning my last color challenge card inside out, so I thought I'd try it with the current challenge too.

My initial card was pretty labor intensive as I used the stencil as a guide and cut out all the little openings with a craft knife.  It actually took a lot less time than I thought, but still that's not for everyone.

For this card, I create the same panel that is underneath the cut panel on the original card.  Then I used the stencil in a more traditional method, placing it over top and applying paste.



The sentiment is from the same set as I used on the initial card, there are so many great sentiments in that set!

What do you think?  Do you prefer controlled/subdued, or bold/textured?

Hope you can find some time to play along!



Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  MFT - Sweet Tooth, Limelight, Wild Wisteria, Blueberry
Stamps:  MFT - Friends Like Us
Ink:  MFT - Blueberry Hybrid Ink
Other:  MFT - Scattered Bars Stencil; Liquitex - Modeling Paste; Scotch - Foam Adhesive; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

17 comments:

  1. Inside out and digging it Miriam! I like all the above I do believe. :) this color combo is still intriguing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving the inside out look! This color combo & card works perfectly for the guys in our life. Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love how you worked the modeling paste! Great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed ... this would be a very challenging color combo for me because it has purple and an intense blue .. the two colors I never use. Yet you went all out and it looks amazing! Well, I guess that's the point of a challenge, right? Way to nail this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color palette is beautiful, Miriam! I love the look of the stenciled chevron on top. Such a creative use of the modeling paste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the modelling paste Miriam, with the panels underneath the paste just pops! Do you find it much different to work with than embossing pste? I have a jar of MP I haven't opened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this texture and design! Those colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just simply love the BOLD texture and awesome way this turned out!! What a stunning color combination - when I first saw it, I did not think I would love it BUT I DO!! Love this card - it is totally awesome - just like you!! Have an incredibly good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super awesome and amazing! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of the colors and that stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow totally awesome card.. love how you used that stencil...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card...love everything about it. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful colors with great design! Love the background and fun sentiment...well done!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that stacked texture, girl, but I couldn't pick a fave. While they're similar, the look is so different but equally delicious ;). What a great palette for a guy, too!

    ReplyDelete