Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Thank You for Jane's Doodles


It's my day over at the Jane's Doodles blog today.

I've had the idea for this card floating around in my head for a while.

I wanted to create a really soft striped background for some bold flowers.  I used Avery Elle Silver Fox pigment ink and Jane's Doodles' Stripes and Dots set to achieve that.

The flowers are from Doodle Flowers 2 and were stamped with Versafine and then fussy cut.  Some were popped up and others were adhered directly to the panel.  I used a variety of red sequins to add a touch of color and glitz.  Apologies, I was actually at my friend JJ's and I have no idea who makes the sequins I used.  

Thanks for coming by, hope that your week is going well!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - White and Silver Fox cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Stripes & Dots and Doodle Flowers 2
Ink:  Versafine; Avery Elle - Silver Fox
Other:  Misc Sequins; Scotch - Foam Adhesive; Tombow - Mono and Aqua Mono Adhesive

19 comments:

  1. wow totally gorgeous.. love how you added the red sequins..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, this is absolutely wow. Are the blooms black? Such a striking design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gorgeous flowers. Totally fabulous design, Miriam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely array of your flowers mixed with the sequins. I love that soft stripe background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously...my jaw just hit the floor! GORGEOUS!!! LOVE.IT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Miriam! Love the stark contrast between the black and white with those luscious pops of red! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black blooms have never looked so elegant! Love the pops of red, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! Love the black flowers and red sequins! Wonderful contrast...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bold and Beautiful! In other words, typical miriam and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card...love the striking black and red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely--the background is so subtle and yet so integral. Another stunner Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I love the soft grey & white striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally beautiful- serene yet cool! How I wish I was the same !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the look of the red sequins that just POP against the black stamped backdrop and focal point!! The sequins are just an amazing touch and so perfectly placed!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh i LOVE!!! The black is awesome against the faint stripes!! The red sequins are a great touch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SWOON!! This is simple stamping is at its VERY best! By that, I don't mean it's simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooooo this is soooooooooooo very pretty, love the pop of red with sequins !

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! Love the soft stripes on the background!

    ReplyDelete