Friday, February 20, 2015

Celebrate for Jane's Doodles




Happy Friday!  I'm over on the Jane's Doodles' blog sharing this card today.

I created a 'table' for my glasses by using the thin stripe from Dots and Stripes, inking it up, and then swiping the ink pad across the stamp to create the woodgrain.

The glasses were stamped slightly overlapping one another because I wanted to play with the colors a bit and show the difference in color where the different liquids overlap.  I simply colored them with Copics, and where they overlapped, emphasized that with a little extra Copic coloring.

To give it a little more interest, I used Liquid Glass (similar to Glossy Accents) on the glasses.  I wanted them to appear distinct, so I did this in two steps.  I added the Liquid Glass to alternating glasses, and once that was dry, went back and did the others.




You can see that this creates a distinction between the glasses.  I got a fair amount of bubbling when I did this, but it actually works in this instance since many of these drinks are bubbly.

I hope you have something to celebrate this weekend!  Tomorrow night I've got an evening all to myself as Andrew is taking the girls to the Daddy Daughter Dinner Dance at church.  Have a great weekend!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy cardstock; Basic Grey - Clippings 6x6 pad
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Cheers, Stripes and Dots
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; CTMH - Chocolate Cardstock; Ranger - Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other:  Copics; CTMH - Liquid Glass; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

16 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so fabulous, love it. I think my Sister would go crazy over some cards with this image. I must look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome card, Miriam! Love the treatments you gave to those glasses. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love how you used these images.. great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for you - an evening all to yourself!!! Love that and love that this card is so awesome and so well done - the idea about applying the liquid glass like you did is so smart and it did indeed make a difference!!! Enjoy your evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh.This is one fancy card! ;) LOVE it!
    Happy Friday! And enjoy your evening to yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The glossy accents are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so fabulous...love your glossy accents drinks..they look good enough to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look delicious! The liquid glass really has a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this- the alternate gloss definitely works- fab idea. The olives are putting me off 😉 though ( olives=yuck!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the details you put into this card! And once again, a genius tip... swiping the ink pad to create a woodgrain effect!! I need to try that, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous!! I love the multicolors and the glossy accents!! Great details!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really GOOD even on a freezing cold day like today! I love the Glossy Accent on these glasses!

    ReplyDelete