Thursday, February 19, 2015

Friends Warm the Coldest of Days



If this is true, I need some friends right now.  It's supposed to be REALLY cold today!

I was lucky enough to have a fun crafty get together over the weekend and this is one of the cards I made.

I just love this sweet image from My Favorite Things.

She's colored with Copics, and the background was inked and the snowflakes stamped with white pigment ink.



I used some doily bits to create the snowdrifts and then added a bit of stitching and embossed the sentiment.

Super quick post because I am just swamped right now, but I hope you are having a great week and staying warm!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  MFT - Sweet Tooth, Smooth White and Night Shift Blue Cardstock
Ink:  MFT - Blueberry Hybrid Ink, Black Hybrid Ink, and Sweet Tooth Pigment Ink
Stamps:  MFT - Birdie Brown Warmest Wishes
Other:  Copics; Stampin' Up - White Embossing Powder and Doilies; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

25 comments:

  1. So adorable. I love the sky and those doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet, Miriam...I love this little gal too but she's been out of stock when I've shopped! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, Miriam...I love this little gal too but she's been out of stock when I've shopped! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO sweet, Miriam! I love the doilies used as snowdrifts. (hope I can remember that little trick). And, your coloring is just perfect. She is on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The touch with the doilies is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...this is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely ADORE this, Miriam! Love the three panels of doilies..and the blue sky is so captivating! Happy Chinese New Year to you and family! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW - this is absolutely delightfully done - with those doilies acting as snowdrifts and your awesome snowy night sky!! So amazing and so clever - I love it!!! Sorry to be so slow in my commenting and visiting you but between getting ready for 10 days with my grandbabies and actually being here with them I have been just a touch busy!!! But I hope you know how amazing I think you are even when I don't get the chance to come and tell you right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, Miriam about the repeated comment! I tried to edit, but it didn't let me, so I decided to delete it. Anyway, I love your use of doilies for snowdrifts! How clever is that?! Also loving your beautiful blue sky. Also, wanted to wish you a Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet! Love that winter sky, and the doily mounds are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be the sweetest card EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you make these stamps shine.. this is adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, the doilies for snowdrifts are just SO SMART!!! The lace part kinda goes along with the lacy nature of snowflakes, only this is on such a larger scale. I am just madly in love with this card, Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just fabulous! Love the doilies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, WOW, WOW!! Doily snowdrifts? GENIUS!! Your background is beautiful and I love the way you colored this image in. Stunning card design!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just adorable and I love your snow doilies, so so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to use those doilies for your snow...it looks fantastic, especially with this sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your snow drifts! So creative and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute!! I love your doily snow piles and the background is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful!!!!! Love the doily snow drifts!

    ReplyDelete