Monday, February 16, 2015

Lawnscaping Birthday Celebration


Today is a special day! It's Lawnscaping Challenge's 100th challenge! I have been invited as a special party guest by Design team Member Karin Akesdotter. Be sure to head on over to the Lawnscaping Blog where you can see ALL of the Design Team projects as well as ALL of the special party guest projects. 



For my project I used Louie's ABC dies and some critters from a variety of sets.

I was going to inlay the alphas, but since I used patterned paper, they were sitting deeper than the cardstock and then I felt like that threw the perspective of the animals behind the letters off.  So, I popped the cardstock letters back into the panel and then adhered the patterned paper letters over top.



The other great thing about this card is that I was able to use up a bunch of scraps and patterned paper pieces.  I feel like I'm sitting on an every growing mound of 6x6 papers, so I'm trying to be less chintzy about using them.

Anyway, be sure to head over to the Landscaping Blog for all the challenge details.  This winner will receive a stamp set of their choice from Lawn Fawn!

Supplies Used:  Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Cardstock; PTI - Harvest Gold Cardstock; Misc 6x6 papers
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn - Hello Baby, A Birdie Told Me, Critters Ever After
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Lawn Fawn - Louie's ABCs dies; Copics; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Kuretake - Glue Pen

26 comments:

  1. Super cute. A great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo cute! LOVING all the critters!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fabulous, Miriam!!! Your use of patterned paper is always perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! Really love the critters peeking around the letters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, oh, I love this design! This is fantastic! This is fantastic! Pinning, pinning, pinning! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on being a special guest.. this card is adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable indeed!
    Love your card Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on guest designing for this special celebration! LOVE all the critters peeking from behind the letters! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so fab! I'm loving the pseudo-inlaid letters. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Lawn Fawn critters and your ABC card is so cute. I like your faux letter-press technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good call putting the cardstock back in the inlay first ... such a fun look!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super CUTE with all the little animals! And, great way to use up scraps!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable times cute times awesome and fun!!! You are amazing and it never fails to please me when I stop by your blog - thank you for being such a constant source of inspiration to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ADORABLE, Miriam! I just love all of Lawn Fawn's critters! Why does everything have to cost so much? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the hb2u card. Happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the little winter one oh so cute and so were the others. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are an amazing designer. I love how everyone has their own styles. I love the first card with the diamonds. That is just so pretty. thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete