Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Neat & Tangled and Cosmo Cricket



Neat & Tangled is collaborating with Cosmo Cricket this week.  I'm so excited about this team up!  Cosmo Cricket is one of my favorite paper companies, and their Just Add Watercolor line is amazing!  I'm working with the 12x12 paper pad which includes full size sheets as well as several cut apart sheets.  I could not stop at just one card, so I've got three to share today!



The top and bottom strips of this first card were created using one of the cut apart sheets.  I used Kuretake Gansai watercolors on all my projects today, and used a couple shades of blue and pink to create the pattern.

For the main panel I masked off the So Very Blessed sentiment and stamped it with dye ink, then stamped over top with Versamark and clear embossed.  Using a not too wet brush and just a touch of soft blue, I added a wash over the sentiment.

Then I added a couple of torn pieces of vellum beneath each of the watercolor patterned pieces to soften them and stitched them down.



For the next card I wanted to see if you could emboss over the embossed patterns.  Happily, you can! I embossed the sentiment, on one of the 4x4 cut apart pieces and added some watercoloring and then let it dry.  The secondary sentiments were embossed in gold and popped up.



Finally, I had to pull out Origami Map since it lends itself so well to watercoloring.  For the background I chose one of the 12x12 patterns and added a rainbow of watercolors to it.  Then I stamped/embossed/die cut the Origami Map and added rainbow watercoloring in the reverse direction.



I layered the map over a black die cut and popped the entire piece up as well as the sentiment.



These were so fun to make.  Playing with that Cosmo Cricket watercolor pad was addicting, don't be surprised if you see some more of these cards here!

Be sure to head over to the Neat & Tangled blog today.  Two DT members are posting each day this week, and we'll draw a comment from over there for someone to win a 12x12 paper pad at the end of the week.  You'll want to stop by the Cosmo Cricket blog too as they are giving away a $25 credit to the Neat & Tangled store!

Neat & Tangled Supplies Used:

Origami Map


Origami Map Die
 

All My Heart


 So Very Blessed


23 comments:

  1. These are just so pretty! I can stare the, forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Miriam.. you hit a home run again.. these are outstanding..

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I love all the techniques you tried on these cards. The watercoloring is stunning. I love the layered map too. Such a cool look. Beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab assortment of cards. The map card is amazing in all its rainbow goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are all so gorgeous but I absolutely love the last card with your map set. I didn't realize it had coordinating dies now. I feel a shopping trip coming on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, Miriam! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an amazing stamper, Miriam! This is such a fabulous collection of designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can not begin to tell you how much I love these! The water-coloring... and mixed with the gold ...wow! LOVE the WOW factor in each card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow and more wow - on trend, beautifully crated - just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how colorful that last card is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Over the top fabulous creative cards! Love the torn vellum, color, and stitching on the first card. Second card has wonderful embossing with a touch of gold, and the last card has amazing color! Love them all...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just saw these over there and LOVE them!! Gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miriam...what a wonderful trio of amazing cards. You are so talented...just amazing. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each card is EXCEPTIONAL, Miriam! Thanks for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards! The stamps and dies are so fun and I love the watercolors. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I knew that watercolor paper was going to be special! Your cards are the first I've seen with it in action! Definitely does not disappoint. Love them all, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your water coloring is spectacular! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness...how gorgeous!! I am in LOVE with that rainbow map one...so in love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cool and amazing cards - each one so individual but all made by talented, creative YOU!!! Love your style and your eye for details and color - what an artist you are!!! Have a terrific day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Eeek! So much gorgeous watercolor! What an inspirational lineup!

    ReplyDelete