Thursday, August 16, 2018

Spellbinders Rose By Another Name, Watercolored Two Ways


Today I'm showing off some of Stephanie Low's latest collection for Spellbinders, Inked Messages.  I am totally smitten with this rose image from the A Rose By Any Other Name set.  

For this first card I stamped the image with Versafine and then colored it with Spectrum Noir Aqua Watercolor Markers.  


The sentiment is from Neat & Tangled's No Words set. 

This is such a pretty image and really holds it's own.

My next card is kind of the opposite of the first.

I again stamped the rose with Versafine, but instead of coloring the flower, I watercolored around it creating a color blocked background.

The sentiment is from the True Love set, also in the Inked Messages collection.  The image itself has some dots in the rose, so I added some black splatter to mimic that and soften the background a bit.


So two very different cards using the same image and medium.  Would love to know which is your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment