Saturday, June 18, 2011

Adventures in Cardmaking






















































Since I am new to cardmaking, one of my first purchases from CTMH was the Originals cardmaking how-to book. I wanted to be sure that I understood the ins and outs of the process and also try out some of the stamping techniques that I have been learning about. It's actually a lot of fun, and it gets easier and quicker with each different card I've made. I've always pooh-poohed cards, and as a rule don't buy them, but cardmaking is pretty affordable. CTMH sells a value pack of cards: 50 cards/envelopes (white or cream) for $14.95. That's 30 cents a card. And, since I have a ton of paper scraps from scrapbooking, it's really not a heck of a lot more than that to make/complete a card.


And, ask yourself these questions: How long does it take me to drive to a store to get a card? How long do I spend walking up and down the aisle reading cards before I find one I like? How much do I end up having to spend on that card? When I go to a shower, how often does the bride/mother-to-be end getting two or more of the same card?


So, here are a few of my first attempts at cards. I'm pretty pleased with the results. My goal was to use a variety of techniques, mix and match papers based on what looked good, so many of the papers are from different packs/kits, and try out a variety of sizes using the Originals layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment