Monday, November 14, 2011

SPARKS Challenge Card



I wanted to play along with Paper Smooches current SPARKS challenge. I was inspired by the shape of the apples and the leaves as well as the colors. Here's what I came up with:



All the stamps used on this card are from the PS Hot Concoctions set. I used the steam swirls to echo the leaves on the apples, and did a fair amount of paper piecing for the card.

The tag/tag frame were cut with the Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge, and I freehand drew the little smiley face on the spoon.

It took me a while to come up with a plan for this card as the Orla Kiely print is so bold, but I think the card does evoke the graphic nature of the print.

Hope everyone had a great start to the week!

CTMH Products Used:
Ink: Black, White Daisy
Paper: Sunset, Outdoor Denim, White Daisy, Lucky Level 2
Other: Cricut AP Cartridge, Craft Knife, Dimensional Foam Tape

Other Products Used:
Paper Smooches Hot Concoctions Stamp Set

7 comments:

  1. love your take on the inspirational picture.... this card came out awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card! Love the different panels of colored cardstock =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that cute! What a neat use of the stamps and the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam, this is gorgeous! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER fun card! I LOVE all the coffee cups--love that you were inspired by the leaves too (using the swirls)! CLEVER:) Great job! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

    ReplyDelete