Saturday, October 20, 2012

The rest of the Unity WCMD cards

I totally DID NOT plan to complete all the Unity challenges for WCMD.  I had a couple that I wanted to do, and then ended up getting ideas for a few more when I was looking through my stamps, and then realized that I really only had a couple more to do, and what the hey, might as well do them all and try for the big prize, right?

Some of these I like more than others, but here they all are (I'm not going to include full supply lists in the interest of time, but if you have any questions please ask):

Shaped Challenge - I'm not generally a shaped card kind of girl, so I went for an easier shape.  This one was so easy to do.  Word bubbles are so in right now, so I basically cut a rectangle (leaving a small part uncut for the little tail) and then rounded the corners.  The 'hi' sentiment in the background paper is from Frames in the House, and then I used some vinyl thickers for the main sentiment. 



Fall Card - I knew I wanted to use Brave Boots for this, and the sentiment came to me while I was falling asleep one night.  The die cut alphas are Taylored Expressions, and the little alphas are Jenni Bowlin.  The leaves were cut using the Cricut Artiste cartridge and I ran the leaves and die cut alphas through my 1" Xyron to make it easier to put together.  I'm linking this one up over at the Oozak October challenge to use Die Cuts too. 



Sketch - This one I am still not sure about.  Sometimes I love it, sometimes, I think it's just a 'clown card'.  I kind of did it on purpose.  I colored the socks first and wanted to kind of highlight the idea of 'mismatched' (although all those papers come from Echo Park's Happy Days collection so it's not really that mismatched I guess.  The scallopped edges were drawn freehand with a Zig marker, again to get that kind of mismatched imperfect look.  The stamp set is the Matching Socks Itty Bitty.



Texture - This is one I had high hopes for, but I'm not sure it worked out in the end.  It was a bit of an experiment.  That's some Coredinations Glitter Silk paper that I embossed the sentiment on.  Added some pom pom trim, and instead of using regular ink, I used a Jenni Bowlin paint dauber on the stamp.  The red strip on the left is AC glitter tape.  The stamp set is the everyday, EVERYWHERE Itty Bitty



Colors - This is by far my favorite of all the cards I created for Unity's WCMD challenges.  It uses the Perfect the Way You Are Itty Bitty.  I colored it with Spectrum Noir markers, and I just love how the color combo turned out.  The butterfly is adhered with a glue pen just in the center, and then I used dimensional foam tape to pop the wings out.  I'm also entering this one into Crafter's Companion's October challenge - to use fall colors.





So there you have it.  Now I HAVE to get back to my regularly scheduled programming....I actually have several deadlines looming that I have been ignoring.....

Hope you are having a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post Miriam!
    packed with hundreds of cool ideas and techniques!
    Thank You, Have a fabulous week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards! These are so perfect for each of the challenges. I LOVE your coloring in the butterfly card...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fabulous!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the socks one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been so busy - even with so many cards each has such fun and special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are amazing...I love the stomp leaves and that butterfly is totally beautiful...lovely fun cards Miriam... Have a fantastic Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love all these cards, but the mismatched socks are my absolute favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy! I love that they're all different styles! I have to say that my favorite are the butterfly and the socks! I love that you did a hand-drawn scallop border for the sock card. It adds so much charm:) Love to hear about you trying new stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What sweet projects. Thanks for playing along with us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the great projects especially the one for Crafter's Companion!! Those butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in on our October challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all beautiful cards! I'm so glad you joined the Oozak October Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete