Friday, October 19, 2012

Owl You Doin?



Waiting til the last minute again!

Here's my card for the current Sweet Stamp Shop challenge, which was a sketch challenge. 

Isn't he cute?  I have to say I'm starting to enjoy the whole coloring thing.  I was so intimidated about it, but it's fun, and makes me feel like a kid again.

I'm using Melvin from Melvin and Vernie.

I stamped him four times, and cut away part of his feathers each time so I could stack him and create some texture/depth/dimension.  He's colored with Spectrum Noir makers.  I only adhered the pieces at the head so that there's some movement.  Here's a closeup so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. 



The branch was cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and papers are from my 6x6 stash (MME, and Crate). and I added a little CTMH burlap ribbon for more texture.

Fun right?

Hope they think so over at Sweet Stamp Shop!

Have a great weekend.  I'm off today with Ellie since her school is closed.  We've been running around doing errands, but 'rest time' is almost over so I gotta run...

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Crate - Pretty Party and Little Bo Peep 6x6 papers; MME - On the Bright Side One 6x6 papers; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock and Colonila White bulk card base
Stamps:  Sweet Stamp Shop - Melvin and Vernie
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo black; CTMH - Chocolate and Sky
Other:  Spectrum Noir markers:  TN7, TN8, EB7, EB8, GB5; CTMH - Burlap Ribbon, Dimensional Foam Tape, Liquid Glass, Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge; Foam Tool; CM - Corner Rounder; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Sewing Machine

8 comments:

  1. super cute...love how you did the image and add the burlap...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooo cute cute cute!! I loveeeeeee that owl and the burlap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card - that owl is too cute! Love your blog by the way, your creations are amazing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo adorable! And that is a lot of patience to make him so cute. But so worth it. Cannot ever resist a cute owl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! The layers add so much to Mr. Owl's cuteness. I love it!

    ReplyDelete