Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Simon Says Stamp Best Days Release


Hi all!

There's a new release over at Simon Says Stamp with some really cute spring products.  I was lucky enough to receive this cute Picture Book Crocodile to play with.

He kind of cracks me up, and I love that his lower jaw is a separate piece so you can have his mouth open or closed.

The crocodile was cut from green cardstock.  I then colored the ridges on his back and his belly piece (both cut separately so you could just cut from a darker shade of cardstock) with green Copics for contrast.

I put him in some water using Neat & Tangled's Stitched Slopes dies and added some depth/interest by inking the top of the waves with Antique Linen Distress Oxide and the bottom with some Altenew Dusk ink.


Since I wanted the crocodile to sit a little flatter to the card, I die cut the bottom of the Crocodile within the back wave.  This allowed me to inlay the crocodile.

The sentiments are from Tim Holtz's Hipsters set and the speech bubbles are from Lawn Fawn.  I used both the stamp set and the coordinating die.  The red is the die, and then I fussy cut the stamped image so you can see the red behind.

Oh, and that gray mat is actually just a scrap piece I found in the scrap bin, but I thought the edge provided a great contrast and some extra texture so I went with it.

OK, be sure to head over to Simon to check out the new release!

4 comments:

  1. Love this cute croc... so cute! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute, even though I have no clue as to what LMAO means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! These storybook dies are always fun to see :) great sentiment--lol!

    ReplyDelete