Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Stash Busting with the Build A Tag dies


Hey everyone!  I've got a whole slew of tags to share today using the new Build A Tag dies

I got to thinking after I created this tag I shared last week, that this is a perfect set of dies for stash busting, so I set out to prove it.

I used one of my older paper collections (Amy Tangerine's Stitched collection for AC), cutting a 6" x 12" piece from eight different sheets.  Then I ran all the pieces from the Build A Tag set as well as the diamond die from the Gift Card Box Additions set through the die cut machine. 


Full disclosure I have extended cutting plates, so I could do this in one pass.  If you have standard sized plates you'll have to cut a piece off and run it through separately, but that is easy enough to do.

Here's a look at one of my cardstock sheets with all the pieces cut out.


Once I had all my pieces cut out, I basically lined up all the main tag pieces and then distributed the rest of them to each tag, mixing and matching the different patterns. 


I tried very hard to make this a quick set, not to over complicate things.  Normally if I was making just one tag, I'd probably add some stitching or embellishments, but here I limited myself to just adding a bit of foam tape for dimension.


All the sentiments are from the Thanks So Much stamp set.


There are so many different combinations and possibilities.  I'm planning to do this again, but with some old Christmas papers so I can knock out all the Christmas tags I need.


I hope this gives you some ideas and that you're able to make a dent in your pile of patterned papers too!

2 comments: