Monday, September 2, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Stamptember Blog Party


Hi friends!  I'm participating in a blog party celebrating Simon Says Stamp's Stamptember event/kickoff today.

What's a blog party?  Well unlike a blog hop where you go all the way through and comment to win prizes, there are no prizes, but there are party favors.  In this case some fun codes that you might want to take advantage of in the Simon store.  I've got a code to share that you'll see at the end of my post.  There are a ton of people participating in today's blog party, so I'm going to keep my remarks to a minimum.  ;)

My card today features the new Healing Hugs set.

I started by stamping the floral frame image on some Neenah White cardstock with Gina K Whisper Amalgam Ink.

The image was then no-line colored using Copics.

Once that was done, the sentiment (from the same set) was stamped with Versafine.

There is a coordinating die set for this stamp set, but I don't have it, and it was pretty easy to fussy cut around the image.


Originally I was going to make this a square card, but in playing around with the mats, I decided that I liked it in an A2 size better.  I went with an 'uneven' matted look in the background, and popped the stamped piece up with foam tape.

Now how about that special code I promised you?  Here it is:


Thanks so much for stopping by, be sure to stop by the Simon blog to see who else is participating in the party and to get some more inspiration!

25 comments:

  1. LOVE it, this is gorgeous the colors are so pretty and love this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam, your coloring is SO beautiful, how the colors blend together and just create such a natural look that is almost 3D, I am beyond impressed and I love your work. Truly wonderful, such artistry!!!

    Whoever receives this card will be uplifted and encouraged, and what is better than this for our cards to brighten someone's day.

    Blessings to you,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miriam, this is so beautiful! I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the gorgeous colour combos everyone is sharing in this hop. Its quite inspiring. Amazing work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun to see different colour combos used with the same stamp set. Your colours are happy and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just beautiful. It would make anyone feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creation, Happy SSS STAMPTEMBER! I especially love your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Bound to bring a smile to any recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWEETLY COLORED! LOVE the colors you chose!!! ;)<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card sure to cheer up anyone who receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card. The colors make it so happy and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the look of no-line coloring and your colors work so well together. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the card you created. Your coloring is gorgeous too! I'm loving that stamp set!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet card, love the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous coloring! I Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card. It is so bright and cheery. It would definitely brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love everything about your card Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete