Thursday, August 25, 2011

Six more layouts to go!






I've wrapped up June in Carina's first year book, and I'm itching with excitement....I can't wait to make the leap to Close to My Heart's albums which have drop in style pages. I love my CM albums, but there are so many new things I want to be able to do with my scrapbooks. In particular, using Flip Flaps which just don't lend themselves to the CM albums, and.....stitching on the pages....the hubby has even brought my neglected sewing machine down from the attic, and it is just teasing me from the sunroom.

But enough about that, back to the present. I wanted to share Carina's June layouts with you. As I've mentioned previously, since I started this album before I even knew about Close to My Heart, in order to maintain the flow of the album, I haven't done a ton of stamping. Even so, I love how just a touch of stamping adds a level of interest to my pages.



On the calendar layout, I used the stamp pad as a stamp to add some texture to the white pieces of cardstock. It was so easy to do, and I like the effect. Simply lay your cardstock piece face down, about 1/8" of an inch in from the edge of the stamp pad. Then, lightly run your finger over the paper to press it to the stamp pad. It's a quick, easy way to add some color and texture, and you won't even have to clean off any stamps!



For the second layout, I wanted to dress up the blank space a little bit. I used the large flourish stamp from the You & Me stamp set with a very light shade of ink (Heavenly Blue) that coordinated with the lighter blue cardstock I was using to soften the white space on the page. I'm always a little nervous about stamping right on the page in my CM albums just because there's not really any do-overs when you've already completed other side, but I held my breath, and I really like how it turned out.







CTMH Products Used:
Stamps: You & Me, Enjoy Life, Classmate Alphabet
Inks: Pacifica, Tulip, Heavenly Blue
Paper: Pacifica, Hollyhock, Indian Corn Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment