Sunday, January 29, 2012

Card for Market Street Stamps Block Party


Just getting this card in under the wire. This card uses Market Street's Faith in You stamp set.

I used CTMH's new Stella paper pack for the pitcher and flowers. The fussy cutting on the flowers took FOR-EVER, but I think it was worth it. I stamped the flowers on three of the patterned papers and then cut out them out and layered them. It was a bit tricky and what I ended up doing was cutting the entire group of three out from one pattern, a set of two from another pattern, and then the single blue flower from the third pattern, so they are layered on top of one another which also adds a bit of dimension.

I added a little shading to the pitcher as well as the sentiment using my blending pen and cocoa ink.

To create the halo around the pitcher and flowers, I stamped the pitcher onto the white cardstock, and then used my finger daubers to slowly add ink. I used mostly Creme Brulee, but added just a hint of Chocolate at the end to add a little more depth. Here's what it looked like before I adhered the pieced elements:



I also swiped Cocoa ink around the edges of the Cocoa cardstock oval to really crisp up and define the edges and add some additional depth.

I have a couple more Stella cards to share with you, but it's too late tonight, so look for them tomorrow. Hope your week gets off to a good start!

Supplies Used:
Paper: CTMH - Lagoon, Cocoa and White Daisy cardstock, Stella Level 2 Papers
Stamps: Market Street Stamps - Faith in You
Ink: CTMH - Cocoa, Tulip, Creme Brulee, Chocolate
Other: CTMH - Blending Pen, Cutting Knife, scissors, Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon, Liquid Glass, Dimensional Foam Tape

3 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous card Miriam!!! I love the color panels and how you brought those colors into your bouquet! Thanks for coming to the Block Party at Market Street Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! This is a gorgeous card--love the design and that ribbon. And I LOVE your inking for that vase! WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card...I love the fun detail...

    ReplyDelete