Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sweet Sayings Notepad



I don't know about you, but my kids say some hilarious stuff. I was pretty good about keeping a journal for each of the girls through their first year of life (to go along with their first year scrapbook), but journal entries are few and far between these days. It's something that I definitely want to do a better job of, but I recognize that it's just not happening right now.

This is my attempt to at least keep track of some of those little gems. It's a cute little notepad where I can record things like this conversation:

E - Mama, Carina can't go in my room.
M - Why not?
E - Because my room is guilty.
M - ?! Why is your room guilty?
E - Because my room is all slickery slick, slickery slick.

I still have NO idea what that means, but I think it's hilarious.

This little notepad is super simple to make. You'll need a 3"x7" piece of cardstock and a 3x5 piece of cardstock for the front and back covers. Score the first piece of cardstock at 5", 5 1/2", and 6" and fold to create a sigma fold (a Z with an extra fold at the top so it looks like a zig-zaggy E). Cut patterned paper (I used a cute print from Bella Blvd) at 1"x3" and 3"x5" to cover the back of the notepad and for the top fold.

The other 3"x5" piece of cardstock is for the front of the card. You can decorate this however you wish. I cut a 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of white cardstock to do the stamping on and rounded the corners. I used a little piece of the patterned paper and stamped and cut out some pieces of candy from Sweet Stamp Shop's Sweet Tooth set. The candy pieces were covered with Liquid Glass to give it the glossy sheen/dimension.

Use a piercing tool to mark where you want to punch holes at around 1/2" in from top and bottom. Use a regular hole punch to punch holes through the Z-fold piece, then insert the cover piece into the top fold of the Z, line up the hole punch with the holes you already punched and punch through the cover.



For the sheets of paper on the inside, I just used everyday printer paper at 2 1/2" x 4 1/2". I added a little interest to these by stamping the smaller candy pieces from the Sweet Tooth set along the outside edge, but you could certainly leave them plain. These will sit in the bottom fold. Line a few sheets up inside the notepad and punch them, then use those as guides to hole punch the rest of the sheets.



Put the whole notepad together and thread ribbon/twine through the holes to secure them. The nice thing about this notepad is that you can add more sheets as you fill it up, or even take pages out and add them to your scrapbook, project life album, etc.

Supplies Used
Paper: CTMH - White Daisy and Cranberry Cardstock, Bella Blvd - Winter Wonder Icy paper
Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Sweet Tooth, CTMH - Playful Caps
Ink: CTMH - Cocoa, Cranberry
Other: CTMH - Cocoa grosgrain ribbon, dimensional foam tape, Liquid Glass

3 comments:

  1. This is so fun...It is SWEET indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100% wonderful! :-) Terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute! I love the way you used these images!!! And what a sweet little album to keep your children's quotes! LOVE:)

    ReplyDelete