Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pumpkin Decorating Layout



This is another project for the Bella Blvd challenges that are currently going on.

The challenge was to use patterned paper as an embellishment.

I had a great time putting this together. I used two different Bella papers from the Winter Wonder collection. The first is that yellow chevron paper. It's an allover pattern, and I just cut it after one 'zig', and then into smaller pieces. Similarly the second paper with the blue stripes was cut vertically where the pattern is offset.



I took four of the chevron pieces that I cut and put them together to create those flower/burst elements which kind of remind me of a quilt. I thought about putting an embellishment in the middle, and tried a couple things, but in the end I like seeing the color underneath peeking through.



The gingham strips are Love My Tapes fabric tape...SO easy to use and it adds some great texture and pattern to the page.

I 'gulp' did the title free hand using Zig chalk markers and a white gel pen. I want to try doing more of my titles freehand, and working on lettering. This method is quite forgiving. I used the chalk marker first, and then traced around it using the gel pen. This lets you fix some things...make certain areas a little lower/wider, etc.

This is the darkest background I've ever used for a layout, but I really like how the embellishments, photos, and text stand out. Definitely something I'll be doing again!

Hope you are enjoying your extra day!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: Bella Blvd - Winter Wonder Icy and Ski Slopes papers; CTMH - Chocolate cardstock
Other: Zig Yellow Chalk marker, Love My Tapes Yellow Gingham Fabric Tape, White Gel Pen, CTMH Bonding Memories Glue

2 comments: