Saturday, February 4, 2012

Second Charlotte Layout



Here's the second layout from our outing to Charlotte. I used the same papers as on the first layout, and also mimicked to some extent the way the pages were laid out with the large strip of patterned paper running all the way across the two pages.

I did want to distinguish the layouts though, so instead of using that strip of pennants, I pulled out my Creative Memories 12" Custom Cutting tool and used that to cut the curved pieces of cardstock. The negative and positive curves that were created are then layered to create that wavy border. On the back layer of waves, I used a spray pen with Twilight reinker. I wanted a very fine mist, so rather than spraying directly onto the cardstock, I sprayed over it.



I also continued to experiment with using my sewing machine on this layout. This time, I wanted to try using a zigzag stitch. I wasn't sure how it was going to look, but I really like the results.





Thus ends scrapbooking week. I want to do a better job of working on cards and layouts at the same time, and my goal is to be able to churn out more than two layouts in a week. It's always difficult to find that balance. Hope you are having a great weekend. Me, I'm hoping that Carina doesn't decide to wake up at 5 in the morning again....

Supplies Used
Paper: CMTH - Bamboo cardstock, You & Me Papers; CM - Maroon, Blue and Sand cardstock
Ink: Twilight Reinker
Other: Cricut Art Philosophy and Wild Card cartridges; Spray Pen, Sewing Machine; corner rounder

4 comments:

  1. wow these pages are so amazing...totally love them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet subject and LO -- trying to get a hold of you as you WON my giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet double pager! Love how you were able to include so many photos! :)

    Good luck on your goal of completing 2 layouts a week...it's totally doable! :)

    ReplyDelete