Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Christmas Morning Layout




Another Christmas layout that I also created for Shannon Tidwell's Sassy Scrapping class. One of her challenges was to create a layout using a single collection. (Sorry about all the fingerprints, I have got to get one of those photo cleaning cloths...)

I'm using American Crafts' Hollyday collection. There are a lot of papers that are glittered. I generally prefer to use plain/matte papers, I'm not a huge bling fan, so I wanted to really pump up the sparkle/bling on this layout. I used several of the sparkly papers from the collection: the striped paper (Papa Noel), as well as some which I used for embellishments (peppermints (Kris Kringle) and the ornament seal (Man with all the Toys)) from additional papers.



I also used two of the sparkly trims that come with the collection and the collection's glittered thickers.



Since there is so much sparkle on this layout, I didn't want to clutter it up too much with journaling, so I tucked the journaling into one of the collection's mini envelopes, and I added a little gem and sticker to the embelope as well as some of the embellishments cut from the papers.



This is definitely more bright and shiny than I usually do, but I like it, it's so festive and it really did come together quickly. I now think I need more sparkly stuff....

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used: American Crafts Hollyday collection (Papa Noel, Kris Kringle, Man with all the Toys, and Santa Claus papers; Red Reindeer Glitter Thickers; Vellum Envelope Bits; Remarks Stickers; Garland collection ribbon). 3L Dodz adhesive; Tombow adhesive.

2 comments:

  1. how sweet are your kids...they are going to love all these pages when they get older...These are the special moments to remember...totally love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and loving the peppermints!!!

    ReplyDelete