Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Make a Wish



I love this card.  I made it a while back and submitted it for some publications, but no takers.

It's Jane's Doodles' Tooth Fairy Klara set, although I'm just using her as a fairy and not the tooth fairy.

I wanted to add a lot of dimension to the card, so I created my own wing template by stamping the image on some scrap cardstock, and then drawing in what I thought the full wings would look like.  Then I traced the template on vellum three times, cut it out, added glue and Prisma glitter to the edges and sewed them togetther.  The entire wing piece was then attached to Klara with a large Dodz adhesive.

 

 
She's pieced, and much of her outfit came out of the scrap bag.  She was also very fragile/delicate since her neck is so skinny, so I added a toothpick along her spine to stabilize the image (did this before I added the wings). 



I wanted a really soft background, so I just added a sheet of vellum over top the cardstock, and also stamped the sentiment on the vellum. 

I  stamped the image a few more times for the star embellishments, that were glittered also. 

The strip of glitter beneath the sentiment is a piece of American Crafts glitter tape that was cut down.

Have a great evening!

Supplies Used

Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy, Chocolate, and Parchment cardstock; Michael's - Open stock white and pink vellum; Misc scrap papers
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Tooth Fairy Klara
Ink:  CTMH - Black
Other:  CTMH - Bonding Memories Adhesive, Prisma Glitter, Liquid Glass; 3L - Large Dodz Adhesive; American Crafts - Glitter Tape

6 comments:

  1. aww Miriam this is so adorable..i love how you paper pieced her..the wings look amazing and love the glitter...gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is ADORABLE!!!! I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that fairy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Miriam, you sure make this darling image shine! I love the transparent look of her wings and the touch of glitter is fabulous! Do continue to submit since you do such AWESOME work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable .....should have been snatched right up. Love her wings, she is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be! I'm really lovin' the hints of glimmer and shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really reminds me of paper dolls, especially how delicate she is :) Such a perfect little girl fairy card!

    ReplyDelete