Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to eat an ice cream pop

 

Carina eats everything with her hands....even when there is an obvious, built in solution!  It was amazing, and hilarious to watch her seemingly go out of her way to avoid using the popsicle stick....wait until you see the pictures of her and her birthday cake (which was Carvel).

Anyway, back to the layout, I'm using another Elle's Sketch today.  Since most of the photos are black and white I wanted this to be colorful and a little funky, so I turned to the Glitz Cashmere Dame collection.  LOVE this collection.

In terms of embellishments, I used some Elle's tags, washi tape, and added some stamped accents.  The sentiment stamps are from Mama Elephant's Good Times set, and I'm also sneaking one of CTMH's new sets which will be available on Friday.  This is the set that comes in the Chantilly Collection's Workshop on the Go.



Had a great time putting this one together.  Hope you guys are having a good week...we had a bit of a break yesterday as schools were closed, but it was back to reality today.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Glitz - Cashmere Dame 6x6 paper pad; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock
Stamps:  CTMH - Chantilly Workshop on the Go stamp set; Mama Elephant - Good Times
Ink:  CTMH - Black, Sky, and Sunkiss Yellow; Distress Inks - Festive Berries
Other:  Freckled Fawn - Checkered Black Diamond washi tape; American Crafts - Black Nutmeg Thickers; Cosmo Cricket - Tiny Type stickers;Tombow - Mono Adhesive



13 comments:

  1. LOL!! That is soooooooo cute!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and the colors!! Awesome lo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Miriam! Very funny about Carina - I love the step-by-step photos of her, and the layout is wonderfully funky indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, whatever it takes to get it done!

    And the layout is great! Love your little "frames" for each picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cute... I love all the fun patterns behind the pictures..and of course those photos are adorable.. great layout..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is so sweet & fun! Love the title of your page too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priceless anecdote!
    I love your page Miriam
    great idea to only use one colored picture here!
    it really make everything pop!
    Wonderful strong design as well

    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! I love the pictures!! I love the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny! The pictures are great! I may have to case this layout- I love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! LOVE it! Your black and white photos are perfect, and I'm loving those bold, bright pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how cute!! I love the darling photos and layout! Your use of materials are excellent, Miriam! I adore the font that you chose as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these super cute photos and great grid design, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the stories too. I love the B & W photos and then all the color pops.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your CAS layouts. The color photo with its colored mat is perfect. She is adorable with her popsicle stick avoidance technique...so cute!

    ReplyDelete