Monday, March 11, 2013

Guest Blogging for Market Street Stamps Part II



Hi!  I'm back with my second guest design post for Market Street Stamps today.  Today my projects are all created with the Shine On stamp set.  I LOVE this set, it's technically a holiday set, but my projects today show you how versatile this set is.

My favorite stamp from this set is the large sun/starburst stamp, and I used it to create the card above by just stamping it once on each side of the card.  I love how modern the design is, and it can be used for any ocassion/sentiment.



I liked this effect that I got so much that I started experimenting with my neon inks creating a whole bunch of 4" x 4" squares until I ended up with this:

 

 
which I thought would be a great background for a layout.



It's such a bold pattern and I love the detail and delicacy of the rays that I didn't want to clutter it up too much.  Some washi accents and Amy Tangerine Sketchbook dimensional stickers were all that was really needed to finish this off.



Then I decided I would go back and try a second version of my first card (the color is a little more orange since I didn't fully clean my stamp after I made the pieces for the layout, so it's more of an orangy neon yellow).



For this one, I stamped the lightbulb (my second favorite image from this set) three times:  once on the card, once on a piece of cardstock that I pressed my neon pink inkpad to, and once on vellum.  I fussy cut the heart from the cardstock that was colored with the neon inkpad, and used a sponge to add neon ink to the backside of the stamped vellum image and fussy cut it.

The heart was adhered directly to the card, and then the vellum lightbulb layered on top.  I love that you can still make out the stamped rays through the vellum lightbulb.



This concludes my guest blogging stint at Market Street Stamps.  I have thoroughly enjoyed myself!  The sets are so much fun and stamp beautifully.  Thanks so much to Angelica and Jorge for having me!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy, Black, and Slate cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  Market Street Stamps - Shine On
Ink:  Hero Arts - Neon Yellow, Neon Orange, Neon Pink; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  AC - Thickers Custard Foam Letter Stickers, Amy Tangerine Sketchbook Dimensional Stickers; Target Washi Tape (Stripes); Freckled Fawn - Checkerboard washi; Tombow - Mono Adhesive and Vellum Adhesive.

18 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff today girlie! I'm totally in a sunshiny groove these days:) Love the cards, but that layout is just incredible!

    Hope you and gang have a great week! Honk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH-mazing! These are all so beautiful, and you really made my jaw drop with your scrap page - the pattern is so great in that bright pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooove the gorgeous splashes of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this set. I love this set. I love it even more now that I see what you did with it! REALLY love how you did the layout background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such cool things with this set, Miriam! Love the cheerful card and the awesome layout you created with the inked pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl you are amazing.. I just seen these and wow wee.. SO PRETTY..

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow is right! This post is so inspiring, I don't know where to begin!!
    I love the cards you created and the layout is genius!
    Love how it makes for such a contemporary base on which your photos just "pop"
    Awesome job Miriam!

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am blinded. Not by all that neon, but by your amazing creations with this set!! This is so inspiring Miriam - I think I will have to get those stamps now just from what I've seen you do with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these look so good on the neon! love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miriam these are all phenomenal!!! I love that starburst image and you've used it to great effect...it looks so awesome in neon! Awesome projects and now I want this set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowwwwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous!!! I am loving those backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! gotta say, that LO is totally stunning, the way you stamped the background is so pretty! Love all 3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you believe that I still haven't opened this stamp set?! Shame on me! LOVE what you've done here, and the colors totally make everything so bright and fresh and happy! Brilliant, my dear! And thanks for the inspiration ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dang girl, you are good! These are so amazing! Now I think I need this stamp too! So inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way cool backgrounds! Love the stamping and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You totally KILLED this stamp! Just love all the looks you got from it. Especially your scrapbook page ... what a perfect background (and colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow oh wow!! You have done more than justice to that stamp! I love love the page!! It's so perfect in my view! And I love the card--just lovely in every possible way! You rock this guest design!!!!

    ReplyDelete