Saturday, May 11, 2013

More National Scrapbooking Day/Week


I really think we need to have National Scrapbooking Day once a month, or at least once a quarter.  What a great way to get me motivated to get some serious scrapping done!

The projects I'm sharing today I've been working on/conceptualizing all week.  They are primarily for the Basic Grey challenges that closed yesterday (no worries, I was trying to get to bed so I just linked my flickr photos to the challenges), but there are so many great challenges going on out there, that I have bundled some others in too.

The other thing that I love about NSD is that it's a great way to do some stash busting, I broke out some really old Basic Grey for the layouts.  I'm going to give you some of the basic supplies I used in the descriptions, but in the interest of time won't provide the detailed list.  If you have specific questions, just shoot me an email.

This first layout is for Kelly Noel's grid challenge.  I'm also going to link it up at Shimelle's for the Scrap with Squares challenge.  I lightly drew the grid with a pencil and then stitched over the lines.  The papers are from the Basics, Oxford, and Max and Whisker lines.


The photos are from this past Christmas.  My nephew Collin thinks Ellie is the best thing ever, and she was just cracking him up at lunch.

The next layout is also from Christmas, a cute shot of Carina and my sisters.  I'm using this week's Elle's Studio sketch, and this is for Shannon Tidwell's Patterned Paper Circles Challenge, Els Brige's Leave White Space at the Bottom of the Page Challenge, and Waleska Neris' Fussy Cutting Patterned Paper Challenge.  This one is also going to be linked up at Studio Calico for the Five Different Patterned Papers challenge as well as Shimelle's Fussy Cutting Challenge.


The papers are BG Basics, Jovial, Oxford, and the green which is kind of a watercolor painted type pattern didn't even have a collection name to it.  I used my Creative Memories Custom Cutting System to create all the circles.



Finally, a card for Joy Taylor's card challenge.  I'm also going to link it up at Studio Calico for the Stamped Patterned Paper challenge.  This was the perfect final challenge since I needed a Mother's Day card for my MIL. 


The flowers are from CTMH's Card Word Puzzle set, and they are stamped on one of the Paper Cottage 6x6 prints. The sentiment is also CTMH, Say it in Style, the twine is Trendy Twine, and the sequins are from Neat & Tangled. I also accented the flowers with some Liquid Pearls.

 

I've got more projects underway....still a couple more days until all the challenges close.  Hope you are having a great weekend!  We went and got my early Mother's Day present today....new hockey skates (the wheeled kind) and shin pads.  Probably not what you were picturing, but I am pretty excited about it!  

5 comments:

  1. beautiful layouts and love that card... Have a wonderful Mother's Day..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwww! These are gorgeous! I love love love love the grid design and the circles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about NSD inspiring you- I think I've done more scrapbooking these last two weeks than I have all year! :) Your pages turned out great! I love the one with the circles- it's so pretty! And happy mother's day, too! Sounds like you got just what you wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful projects, Miriam! LOVE the circles layout, and your card is stunning! Hope you're having a blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts but it's that super-pretty card that really caught my attention! Great colours and sequins and such pretty paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete