Friday, August 2, 2013

Artful Delight Friday - August Sketch Card


Happy Friday!

This is my take on this month's card sketch.

Pretty clean and simple.  I love that blue woodgrain paper and really wanted to highlight it.  For the border strip elements, I layered a strip of chevron paper over the filmstrip washi, so just the edge of it was visible.  Then I used some of the black and white twine I had left from last month's kit (seriously, the kits are packed and I still have a bunch of that twine) threaded through one of the Fancy Pants chipboard stars.

One of the Pebbles chalkboard stickers was the perfect sentiment.

Don't forget that one random participant in our sketch challenges will win their choice of August kit.  Hope you can play along!


Have a great end to your week.  Come back tomorrow, I'm participating in a special hop!

Supplies Used:  Artful Delight August Card Kit; Twine from Artful Delight July Card Kit; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Miriam! I'm loving woodgrain lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your twine going through the star. It adds just the right extra special touch! Great card, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!! Love the colors and that woodgrain is pretty cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH!! I love love love that woodgrain background! LOVE the colors for this card and the twine-- fab design x1000000000! You nailed this sketch:)

    ps.. thanks for leaving some love on my blog while I was away! You made my day!!! THANK for the smiles and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this delightful card, Miriam! The banners, twines and woodgrain paper are such lovely design elements! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog with your well-wishes! I {heart} Love Boat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I love the pop of red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the soft woodgrain pattern against the chevron. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo! I love that woodgrain DSP, too! And that little, twine bow is the perfect punch of texture! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously love your cards! Another beautiful one! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking but lovely, Miriam!!!

    ReplyDelete