Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The ABC's of Me - Scrapbook Circle Challenge #58


Just popping in to share a layout I made for Scrapbook Circle's Getting to Know You Challenge.

For this challenge you are supposed to create a layout about yourself.  I don't normally scrapbook myself, and I also don't tend to have a lot of photos of myself as I'm usually the one holding the camera.  So, I opted to go for a photo free layout. 

This was a lot of fun to create.  Each of the little squares is 2" x 2", and I got to use lots of stuff from my stash. 

Coming up with all the different words was a little harder than I thought.  Had to stretch on some of them.  I tried to use both good and bad characteristics, and there are some contradictions too - for example I have both introverted and (e)Xtroverted on the layout.  I would normally classify myself as an extroverted introvert.  I'm extroverted once I get to know you, but until then, I'm introverted.

Since I used so many different thickers on the layout itself, I thought I would create my own lettering for the title.  Looking at the layout when complete, it kind of reminds me of a calendar.  I'm not going to list the supplies on this since it's just a ton of little piece of paper and thickers.

Anyway, that's all for now.  Thanks for coming by!


12 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT! What a cool way to use Thicker from A to Z! I studied each letter and learn more about you ( I can identify quite a few in myself)!! Inspiring as always, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever is this page?!!! LOOOOOOOVE how you've done the ABCs!! LOOOOOVE the alphas! I really should do this-- totally CASING it:) You rock, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute page! You need to get in the pictures! I too was always the one taking the pictures and as a result, was hardly ever in the pictures with my kids. They have grown up. Now, I make sure to ask someone to take a couple of pics with me in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You did awesome with this. This would be super hard for me. Love how you designed it and the idea. I am the same. Until I know you, I am introvert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, Miriam! Love the design! I'm an extrovert all the way. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing idea!! I love it!! You need to get out from behind the camera!!! :) Your kids will want them when they are older!! I know we don;t have very many of my mom when she was younger, raising me and my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun LO! LOVE it! I Think I'll have to case this together with my students - so perfect for a class we call "together"! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it!!! you've inspired a dt project for me :) i'll link to you if i do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Miriam!! What a fun way to document yourself too. The title is stunning!
    Els.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! LOVE this to bits!

    ReplyDelete