Wednesday, September 18, 2013

One more post for today - Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge


Disclaimer:  These photos are stinky, but I gotta get this posted tonight since the challenge closes so, just kind of squint and pretend they look fabulous.

I wanted to play along with the new Waltzingmouse Fanatics challenge - this challenge was a sketch, and I got to do some experimenting with new dies and some coloring (which I am always nervous about), but I think this came out OK.


Overall a pretty straightforward card.  I added outdoor denim ink to my cardstock with a foam blending tool and then cut the squiggly line for the slider.  Colored in my little spaceship with Spectrum Noir markers, and then added some stars/moon with Platinum Brilliance ink.  I colored those shapes in with a metallic pen and added a little bit of that metallic pen coloring to to the image too.  I also swiped the Brilliance ink around the edges of the card base to add a little shine to that.  The sentiment was embossed in silver.

Since I blended the ink onto the cardstock before I die cut the squiggle, I could adhere that to the card base, then I popped up the whole piece and adhered the image to the spinner element and inserted it into the slider.


My first slider card, these are really fun, and a lot easier than I thought.

OK, I am off to bed!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy, Whisper
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Half Pint Heroes
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark; Tsukineko - Platinum Brilliance; CTMH - Outdoor Denim
Other:  Spectrum Noir Markers; CTMH - Foam Blending Tool and Dimensional Foam Tape, Silver Embossing Powder; American Crafts - Silver Precision Point Pen; Papertrey Ink - Movers and Shakers Sliders Dies

18 comments:

  1. Love the contrast of colors! You sure have used the dies so fabulously! What a COOL slider card, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so totally awesome! Perfect colouring, perfect sky, perfect slider, perfect everything!

    BTW the lighting is perfectly atmospheric for a space-themed card. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card !
    Love this cute rocket !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooooooo cute! LOVING that rocket and the stars!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the photos look just fine to me! So glad you linked them up in time to make our first challenge. Making a slider for the shape on the sketch was inspired :-D I do hope you'll be back to play again in our new challenge on Saturday.
    Tara
    Waltzingmouse Fanatics DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is so adorable, Miriam! Congrats on your first slider card! Such a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a fab take on the sketch! Really inventive. The photos look fine to me. So glad you were able to join our first challenge, hope to see you again on the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Miriam!
    You inspire me to try, I've been intimidated by the whole concept!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the night sky you've inked...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You GUESS it's OK??? I think it's perfect! The fading of the sky...the silver stamping/embossing and the silver edge of the card...the bold rocket...I love it! And it's such a fun idea for that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I LOVE this one! You do the best stuff with your inked backgrounds. I've never even seen a slider card. So I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, stinkin' ADORABLE! LOVE this to bits, girl! So glad you made the deadline! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card Miriam, a lovely slider creation! Love how you inked the sky, and you coloured the little rocket perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo super cute. Another fun one, but in a different way. Love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness! Miriam! This is amazing!!!!! I have to give it a try now! LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete