Sunday, December 29, 2013

Love to you from me for AEI(heart)U challenge



I haven't had much time to create the last couple of weeks, and I was itching to get back to it, so I thought I would play along with the current Avery Elle challenge.  It's a sketch challenge this month:



At first I was a little stumped by the sketch.  I kept wanting to put the sentiment in the circle part of the sketch, so in the end I compromised.  I went very CAS and minimal both in terms of color as well as pattern and stayed very true to the sketch.

I used the new Love die as the primary sentiment, and the secondary sentiment is from Simply Tags Everyday.

The circle outline/bow are Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimmings that I looped into a circle.  Then I used a second piece to tie them together and create the bow.

Staples were used to adhere the vellum pieces and I used Tombow Multi mono on the other portions (the love die and circle) which also helped to hold the vellum down.

Hope you are having a nice weekend!  We had a couple great sunny days, but today is rainy and gray.  I'm taking the girls to Target later so they can spend the gift cards they got for Christmas....should be interesting to see how that goes!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Cherry and White cardstock; PTI - Kraft Cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Simply Tags Everyday
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Avery Elle - Simply Said Love die; Lawn Fawn - Peppermint Lawn Trimmings; Stampendous - White Detail Embossing Powder; Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher; CM - Large Circle Punch; Tombow - Mono Multi and Mono Adhesive

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic take on the sketch Miriam! Love the use of the twine circling the circle and that big love die is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHH! What a fabulous take on this sketch! I LOVE your thoughts on how you made it--- it's perfect! LOVE the bold red with the vellum! LOVE the staples and how you did the twine! AMAMAMAZING:)

    Happy NEW Year <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooo beautiful!! I loveeeeeeeeee the twine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very stunning! I love that "Love" die cut and the use of vellum was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is sensational! Love the design!! :D Happy New Year!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous take on the sketch...love the use of the vellum and staples!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you used the tiny attacher here!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, that's a tough sketch....and you did awesome! I love the bits of vellum and the little staples!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch, my dear! Really loving that sweet, little, twine frame!

    Oh, we had gift cards to spend at Target, too... Then, Toys R Us and Barnes and Noble, too. The Barnes and Noble trip was flawless, and we got in and out in record time, but the other two stops took us over two hours a piece. There is just too much junk to spend your money on out there. Sigh. Ezekiel still didn't spend all of his. Toys R Us is really expensive, and a little card doesn't go very far. Hope your stop had better results ;). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the twine circling the sentiment circle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow!!! I LOVE how you used the twine to make that circle and bow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the twine circle and all the little touches with the stapler!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVING your SWEET LOVE card!! This is such a Neat take on the Sketch with the LOVE Die on top and those staples for a little SOMETHING!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous New Year's Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miriam! It isn't even the new year yet and already I think this will be my most favorite Valentine of 2014! Pinning!! Happy New Year!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clean. Fun. And you made me like the use of staples. Not one person has done that for me before. Your use of color is tasteful and I love, love, love how you wrapped the ribbon around the circle. :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!!! LOVE the vellum pieces and staples!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab- I would have picked this as the winner. Just love the movement with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SUPERB use of vellum, diecut and colors....LOVE it so much!

    ReplyDelete