Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ribbon Carousel Challenge - Anything Goes



Hey everyone!  It's Anything Goes this month at Ribbon Carousel, and I thought I would share with you the cards that we are sending out this year for Christmas.  I made two versions, dark/light mostly because my goal was to use what I had, and I only had so much of the two papers I used for the die cuts.

I wanted to make sure that the card was relatively easy to mass produce and mail friendly as well.  There are a fair number of steps in the card, but overall pretty easy to put together.  I stamped the backgrounds first and let them dry while I die cut the landscape pieces.  For the lighter version they had to dry overnight since I used Brilliance pigment ink.  Then came adhering the die cut piece, embossing the sentiment, and then tying on the twine and adhering the entire panel to the card.

When I'm in mass production mode, I generally produce over a few evenings. So the first evening was stamping the background, die cutting, prepping the card bases.  Second/third evenings were adhering the die cut, embossing the sentiment, and final card assembly.



What do you think?  Which version is your favorite?  I go back and forth, but haven't quite settled on which I like the best....depends on what mood I'm in.

And have you heard?  There is good news and bad news.  The bad news is that Corinna is shutting down the Ribbon Carousel store for a year.  She's got her priorities in the right place and needs to focus elsewhere for a little bit, but she is ALWAYS thinking, and I'm guessing that when she opens back up there will be fantastic stuff in store for us all.

The good news is that there is a HUGE sale going on, half off all carousels - this would be a GREAT time to get one as they are $45 and shipping is free in the US.  The other good news is that we're going to be continuing the challenge even during the store hiatus.

Hope you will link up this month...it's a no brainer...Anything Goes and the winner gets a free Carousel!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - Whisper Cardstock; Crafter's Companion - White Cardstock: Fancy Pants - Home For Christmas Papers (solids used for the die cuts)
Stamps:  Hero Arts - BasicGrey RSVP Tiny Star Background; Verve - Peace on Earth
Ink:  Tsukineko - Versamark, Brilliance Platinum Dew Drop; Hero Arts - Wet Cement Shadow Ink
Other:  Memory Box - Modern Landscape Die; The Twinery - Maraschino Twine; CTMH - Gold Embossing Powder; Tombow - Mono Adhesive and Mono Multi Adhesive

6 comments:

  1. I love them both ... but I am leaning towards the white :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the mass-produced cards, Miriam! I hope your friends and family realize how lucky they are! You picked a great design ... two nights isn't bad at all to get them done. So jealous. I prefer the white, I think because the dotty stars remind me of snow falling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design! I kinda lean towards the lighter one, but I love them both! Love the gold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the calm and serene feel of these two cards! Beautiful!! Like Laura, I like the lighter color/card stock....reminds me of falling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love both versions! The first one has a feminine feel and the second, masculine. What an awesome design!

    ReplyDelete