Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Thinking of You, Stepping Out with Hexagons



While waiting for work/school to get cancelled last night, I thought I would play along with the current Step it Up challenge at WPlus9 and combine that with Moxie Fab World's Happy for Hexagons challenge.

I used WPlus9's Quilt Cuts 1 dies as well as, you guessed it, Fresh Cut Florals and More Fresh Cuts.

I knew I wanted to have three layers to the card for the dimension challenge.  I cut one section of hexagons out of my front panel.  The outline of the hexagons was saved as I knew I wanted to use that on the card base.  

On a piece of scrap cardstock, I stamped the floral cluster.  This piece was trimmed down to fit beneath the front panel and the hexagon outline was adhered over top.  

I cut two more hexagon sets.  One was left plain, the second was stamped with another floral cluster (note I left the hexagons in the frame, and actually on my cutting plate, when stamping the flowers, so the framed got stamped too).  Also, I made sure that each hexagon had at least a little stamping on it.

I adhered a plain hexagon outline to the front of the panel. The stamped hexagons were aligned with this frame and popped out with foam tape.

The frame with stamping was then adhered to the panel at the top left.  I also added a few of the plain unstamped hexagons to the card, and then stamped the sentiment.

Finally, the entire front panel was adhered with dimensional foam tape.



I love how much depth there is in this one, but how CAS it is too.

Hope that you're having a great day, we'll be hanging out, watching the Olympics, and playing outside if it's not too windy.  

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - WHite Daisy; Avery Elle - Vino cardstock
Stamps:  WPlus9 - Fresh Cut Florals and More Fresh Cuts
Ink:  CTMH - Cocoa, Gypsy, and Topiary; HA - Raspberry Jam, Butterbar, and Fresh Peach
Other:  WPlus9 - Quilt Cuts 1 Dies; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono and Multi Mono Adhesive



34 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I love how you used that die with both negative and positive pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Gorgeous card Miriam! Love the hexagons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooh, the dimension blows my mind!!!! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive! I like the angles softened by the flowers - lots of depth and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is such an intriguing design! You totally rocked it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one amazing design, Miriam! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I an barely figure out how you made this. It's an incredible card, Miriam! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rocks, Miriam! Love your intricate design! The little hexagon windows are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gasp! So pretty, Miriam! I have to study how you created this beauty! I love it TONS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, Miriam! Such a great design...I love me some hexagons! I swoon at the lovely dimension, and the way you used the positive and negative space is nothing less than INSPIRED!

    ReplyDelete
  11. dang this is amazing Miriam.. love it
    very creative

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful. I love the different dimensions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this fabulous card, Miriam. Simple and elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw this on FB and nearly fell over backwards! AMAZING! The use of positive and negative space with the hint of pattern is so beautiful and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you layered this - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have no words to describe the beauty of this one.... I am speechless and staring and still staring....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so nice!!! Love how the colors pop off the white!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you did this beautiful card...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful card !
    I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really, where do you start??? This is simply an amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. Just WOW. I'm stunned - this is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is amazing!!! LOVE what you did with the quilt cuts die!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is BEYOND stunning - LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful - love the close up photo to really see the gorgeous design and layering of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what you did with the hexagons on this card. It's subtle and so cool. You have to really look to see all that's going on in there. I especially love the hexagons cut out of the florals where just a hint of color is on the frame. No wonder I follow you on email...I LOVE your stuff/

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is awesome! i love all the different layers and the stamping above, below, and on the hexagon outlines- beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh man! This is awesome Miriam! Heart pitter pattering! :)

    Teri

    ReplyDelete