Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Guest Designing for Paper Smooches - Week 4



Hey everyone!  Back to share some more cards for Paper Smooches.

My first card uses my very favorite set from this release:  Blossoming Buds.






I stamped the larger cluster of flowers in each corner to create a frame, and then colored it with Copics.  It's really a very simple card to pull together.  I added little pencil marks in the center of each of the sides to help with my positioning.

I also added an outline in gray around all of the images as well as the sentiment, from the Kudos set, to make them pop a bit.

My second card is a little more out there.  I challenged myself to do something really out of the box with the Ghoulfriends set.  I picked just one stamp.....the witch hat, stamped it a gazillion times, colored it, and fussy cut, and the used them to form these medallions.  What do you think?  Too weird for you or does it pass the test.





The 'you're' sentiment is from Blossoming Buds and I used one of the Kudos dies for the main sentiment.  To create that sentiment piece I first die cut the word from gold foil cardstock, then I die cut it again from that thin strip of black cardstock.  I used an identical strip as the base to piece it all back together.  It's a little tricky to do, but I love how it looks.



That's all for me today.  I'll have one more set of cards to share with you next week (my last week! sniff....). Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies Used
Card 1
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy cardstock; PTI - True Black Cardstock
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Blossoming Buds, Kudos
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Copic Markers; Tombow - Mono Adhesive
Card 2
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - White Cardstock; PTI - True Black Cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock; Recollections - Gold Foil Cardstock
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Ghoulfriend, Blossoming Buds
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Paper Smooches - Kudos Word Dies; Copic Markers; Kuretake - Gold Wink of Stella Pen; Recollections - Enamel Dots; Xyron - 1 1/2" Sticker Maker; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

31 comments:

  1. absolutely gorgeous...they are both awesome but the first one..wowza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Love that creative flower on the second; very original! Such a good way to use images in sets for more than one way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome cards! I love the floral frame- gorgeous! and SO clever to use the witch hat as a flower.. would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow both of these are amazing.. I am loving all the color.. great designing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are both so amazing. Your flowers are to die for on your first card. Colored perfectly and then with the outline to really make them pop.

    And what a unique take on your second card with that witches hat. Super original and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely GORGEOUS and the shadows on the 1st card take my breath away!
    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever using the witch hat and love the bold colouring of your floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fantastic, girl! Really love the pop on the first! Your outlining gives those blooms such dimension and really brings them to life, and the partially inset sentiment, on your second, is too FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, both cards ROCK! Seriously, the coloring...the witches hats, turned medallions...just pure genius! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent designs, Miriam! Love the vibrancy on both of your cards! You did a tremendous job on this PS guest design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! These are amzing Miriam. The masking, coloring, designing - impressed as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome job with those witch hats! Just goes to show how you can use pretty much any geometric shape to make a flower... Love what you did with the sentiment, too. Your masking and coloring on the first floral card is amazing, too. Perfectly captures the feel of those Kim Hughes blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, Miriam, your cards are both FABULOUS, love the colors on your floral card, and the witch hat flower card is not only super clever, it's super CUTE!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously amazing - that witch hat card with the die cut sentiment is out of this world! Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely awesome!!!! OMGoodness... the first card is really stunning!!! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That floral card is amazing! Gorgeous coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two beautiful cards! That first one has me thinking of stained glass windows. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another awesome post, Miriam!!! Love the ring of flowers made by stamping in the corners. And your medallions ... ahhh ... I so appreciate all the time, effort, and CREATIVITY that went into making these! Then you go an do a fancy die cut sentiment on top of it all. Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my…these are both just beautiful, Miriam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to stamp and color like you when I grow up, Miriam. LOL! These are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ok those hat flowers are genius! LOVE visiting your work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you realize what a dynamic and marvelous creator you are - WOW is all I can say when I see your projects - I am always in such awe!! These are amazing - cool idea with the hat and the florals are so beautifully colored - Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my...both of your cards are show pieces, from the stunning colors to your beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! Fabulous cards!! I can't believe you made medallions with hats!!! And the flower card.... just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You totally rocked the paper smooches inspiration, I love these cards, I like how u did the gray outline to pop the flowers out :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are rockin' your GD spot! Love how the flowers surround the sentiment and a witch's hat to form your flowers? AWEsome!! The gold sentiment is really cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Genius! You never cease to amaze me. I have been so busy these past few months I can see I have many other great cards to check out. I've missed reading your blog. Thanks for being such an inspiration! :-) -B

    ReplyDelete
  28. Miriam...just love how you thought outside the box with the hat! Stamping it in this way makes these flowers look very graphic and fun! The gold sentiment is stunning.

    ReplyDelete