Friday, October 17, 2014

Publication Share - Piecing




Thought I would pop in to share with you a card that was published in the November issue of Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine.

Normally, I share a full card pic, but for this card I thought I would give you a close up so that you can see my piecing process a bit.

For this card I used a combination of piecing and coloring.

I try and plan it out a bit before I get started.  I want the piecing to make sense, so things that are in the front should be pieced on top of the others as opposed to all in one layer.

You can see from the photo that the arm is in front of the overalls as well as the pocket, which is pieced over top of the overalls like it would be in real life, same thing with the patch and heart on the knee.  Since the basket is in front of the arms, it's piece over top of the hands.

Now I'm not suggesting you have to do this with all your pieced images.  I've pieced tons of cards all in one layer, but if you're looking to add a special touch or make it a little more dimensional/realistic, this is one way to add it.

TGIF!  Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the pub!! Loving the piecing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Miriam! This piecing is a labour of love! I saw the whole card on the issue and it's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great incite thanks for sharing !! Looks adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what a wonderful peek. So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Miriam! Congrats! Such a sweet paper pieced girl and thanks for sharing some tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! What a beauty!
    so many details and such an intricate work!
    Totally smitten by your little lady Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable!! Congrats on pub, I always see ur cards in every issue of PCS and I am inspired always :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Looks like a lot of work. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just adorable !... Congrats for your publication !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow.. congratulations, Miriam. This card is so beautiful. Love the pretty colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so CUTE! Perfect fall colors! Congrats on your many publications, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - you are a paper piecing queen and I too am so proud of you for being published so much lately!! You truly deserve all of the accolades and recognition!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my... that is fantastic. and i haven't even seen the entire thing.I can tell is stunning in execution and adorable in style!!

    ReplyDelete