Monday, October 27, 2014

Thankful



Hey everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend!  Ours was blissfully free from any major plans, lots of family time, great weather, and some time with friends too.  Way too short!

Anyway, I thought I would share a card I made a while back, but haven't gotten around to posting.

This is one of those cards that looks more time consuming than it really is.  Sometimes you just need a few great products and you can whip something amazing up in no time.

I used Paper Smooches' Retro Arrow Die with some Studio Calico woodgrain cardstock to make the front piece.  This was popped up over a gorgeous print from Webster's Pages Strawberry Fields collection.  It's got a wheat field (or I guess strawberry field) that transitions to sky and has some bokeh effects in it too.  I chose a portion that included that transition.



The sentiment was die cut from that same paper, a little further down on the sheet so that the yellows are a little bit brighter and more intense.  To ground the sentiment I added another small strip of that same paper.

That's all for today!  Hope you have a great start to your week!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Studio Calico - Woodgrain paper; Webster's Pages - Strawberry Fields Field of Gold paper; Avery Elle - Silver Fox cardstock
Other:  Paper Smooches - Retro Arrow Die; Papertrey Ink - Phrase Play #7 Die; Scotch - Foam Adhesive; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

23 comments:

  1. So nice when something so simple comes together in such a lovely way! I love that 'thankful'! I got it, too...pretty much just for the 'thankful' word! (And I really like the funky little leaf that comes with it!) It's such a great stand alone sentiment...looks lovely here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an overall AWESOME card! Perfect for the guys! I love it!!! I know your intentions are not to be an enabler, but I want the Retro Arrow and Phrase Play dies! Putting those on my wishlist. I always love seeing what you do with the most simplest things and turning it into something extremely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! I love the die cutting out of that wood paper, it's so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fabulous. The woodgrain paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Everything on here is a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of this die! The colors peeking out from behind look awesome. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like whoa!! Awesome card! Love the die, going to add that to my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous! I loveeeeee the wood grain!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is really awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Makes me want to bust out my Silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!

    Sounds like a perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You probably know what a sucker I am for anything woodgrain, so this card screams perfection to me! Also the choice of the wheat patterned paper for the background? Even more perfection :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Your cards are rocking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is ridiculously awesome! I did one of those audible gasps--just love this! Makes me really want this die :) well done Miriam! And thank you for always stopping by my blog to say hi. I always want to discuss back with you-lol

    ReplyDelete