Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Teacher for Jane's Doodles


Hey everyone!  It's my turn over on the Jane's Doodles blog today.

I'm starting to think about end of year cards for our teachers, so I decided to pull out the Wise Owl stamp set.

I used the smaller detailed feather to create the background by first stamping it with white pigment ink and then with Barn Door dye ink.  I like the effect you get stamping dye over white pigment, although it's not that pronounced here, but the other benefit is you really don't have to worry about lining your stamp up.  

The owl was heat embossed on kraft and then colored using Derwent Inktense pencils.  I colored first and then went in with a wet brush and softened and spread the color around.  This gives a great texture to the coloring, perfect for a feathery owl.


The owl was adhered directly to the stamped mat, but I didn't put adhesive on the edges.  I like the dimension you get when the edges curl up a bit.  The teacher die cut is from Studio Calico.

This one came together pretty quickly overall, and it's definitely one that you could produce in quantity.

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back shortly with this week's MFT sketch.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  MFT - Kraft Cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Wise Owl
Ink:  Versamark; WPlus9 - White Pigment Ink; CTMH - Barn Door Dye Ink
Other:  Derwent Inktense Pencils; SC - Teacher Die cut; Stampendous - White Embossing Powder; Tombow - Mono and Mono Aqua adhesive

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card for a really wise teacher!! But then, aren't all teachers wise!! Love the technique idea you shared - have not tried that before - will have to give it a go!!! Thanks for all you do and are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the owl and the feathers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! this is simply gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so awesome.. I love that owl and that background is perfect.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful owl and the layered stamping with the feathers adds some great texture and depth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! The owl is beautiful, and the feathers make a perfect background for him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl is adorable!! I love the texture you got with the white embossing. The feather background with the touch of white looks really cool. Such wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TEE!! Too cute! ;) Love the embossing over the kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww!! Love the owl and the background is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that technique of stamping on white pigment ink . . . I think I've been afraid to try it though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, natural color palette here, love, and that little owl had me at hello!

    ReplyDelete